Group interviews?

A club I wouldn't mind working @ is hiring.

They're holding group interviews.

Can I get some advice on how to prepare for this type of setting?

If the position were in another industry (like banking) I'd sit quietly & keep my myself, but because I'm applying to be a server I'm wondering if I should make an effort to be friendly with the rest of the interviewees while we wait?

I wonder if I need to work a little harder to stand out... Go for Queen Bee/Look @ Me Status?

I know a lot of girls who are servers & they're the type to wear a dress to the mall... Very attention demanding.

The only other group interview I participated in was for a Playboy reality show thing & the girls that got picked were ****ing crazy during the "mingling" session.

(Drinking, dancing on tables, etc.)

I won't be that intense, lol, but I would like some guidance on how to behave during the interview.

If you're interviewing for a service position, I would try to get accross your friendliness, reliability and approach to above-and-beyond service and efficiency.

I'm wondering if I should make an effort to be friendly with the rest of the interviewees while we wait?

They're looking for people who can work well within a team, so it wouldn't hurt.

I'm almost wondering if I should take it to another level & be an absolute try-hard.

That seems like the type that "fits" in this industry, anyway.

Instead of dress pants, I'm debating on if I should go in full club-rat attire... Complete with teased hair & hoop earrings.

My city is intense when it comes to the bar scene.

We actually have go-go dancers like we think we live in Sin City or something.

I'm almost wondering if I should take it to another level & be an absolute try-hard.

That seems like the type that "fits" in this industry, anyway.

Instead of dress pants, I'm debating on if I should go in full club-rat attire... Complete with teased hair & hoop earrings.

My city is intense when it comes to the bar scene.

We actually have go-go dancers like we think we live in Sin City or something.

Umm.. I would say no.. what if no one else dressed like that, and that's NOT what they wanted, and then you looked like a fool? In my experience, moderation is key and going to extremes either way is bad.

I've worked as a bartender and cocktailer.... Do NOT go dressed as a club rat! Definitely look nice, but not prudish. Be friendly and outgoing, but don't try and steal the show. I'm always friendly and confident but I am are full not to be too "in your face". Is it formal interview attire or are jeans acceptable?? It is a club job so I would probably wear something that accentuates your figure (jeans, heels, a sweater top) but not a dress.

Archived