How do you ask to be with someone?

I have no trouble at all finding the words to ask someone out. And all my relationships have started out by 'us' hanging out and then after a while it was always implied that we were a 'couple'. But words of committment were never said.

My question is, how would you go about asking to be with someone?

Would it be right to be as blunt as 'Will you be my girlfriend/boyfriend?'

Or should it be more of a subtile approach, like asking 'What are we?'

Let me know what you all think...or just let us all know how you asked or were asked for i know i'm not the only one with this problem of words.

Try this: "Look, (girls name and for girls guys name) When I'm not with you, I'm constanly thinking of you when I try to come up with reasons why I shouldn't I can't find any. I know this won't be pefect, but If i don't ask you to be mine at this moment, I may regret it for the rest of my life. Someday down the road it may end but I know for sure, at this point in my life, I want you here with me. I wanna share great and bad times with you, i wanna be there when ur sick, when ur cold, even when ur angry. I just wanna be with you."

If you she likes you, her knees will buckle so make sure u catch her. If she doesn't, they still may buckle so still catch her and just be firm with how you feel. yes it's gonna her off guard but you will be at peace with yourself bc regardless the outcome, you will make an impact on that special person ur interested in. yeah i'm a sucka for romance and i can't help it, the first nine times i fell off the bike the last time i got on again, i'm still riding. never be afraid to be expressive to women bc they're not meant to be understood, they are meant to be loved and cared for and respected. always treat them like the angels they are and you wont' go wrong.