Hello People i dont know if this is the right place to ask this question, i have a serious problem with studying, i cant seem to get my self to study i am always waiting till the last minute of the test, i am always listening to music or i am driving around for no reason, i do things that are less important, the important things are studying for me because i am about to become a Junior in College and i really need to get serious about studying and i need to stop wasting time on illogical things, so can somebody please help me? Its getting really depressing for me that i am not giving enough time to my studies i really need to get serious i have hard classes ahead of me. i really need help. i really appreciate your help

I'm the mofo king of procastination my friend. I've done some things to help me with my procastination though. Here's what I DID;

*After school, told myself NO TV, GAMES, CRUISING TOWN PERVING AT CHICKS TIL I'VE DONE MY STUDY!

*Changed my study environment. Took my books out of the bedroom where all the distractions like TV Computer, phone etc are. Work in an environment where you don't have these distractions IE Go out to the park on a good day and study their

*Lastly, think about the future "If I don't study, I won't do well in school, won't get a good job, and won't have the life I want, the career I want" envision yourself in 10 years time.

Remember, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy, but all play and no work makes jack fail and clean skid marks outta toilet bowls.

I'm having a similar problem...thats why I'm here on the computer doping this than researching my papers... I always seem to get my s**t done anyway, buit I know i need DISCIPLINE!!!!!!

So don't be too harsh on yourself==just try to start things over and do what you gotta do. BEing worried about it isn't gonna help...

Good Luck!!!

I also had a problem with this when I was in college. I did well, but I had a tendency to wait until the night before a big test to do anything to prepare for it.

One thing that helped me was to become a "student note taker." There were a few places that would pay students to type out their notes from the day. You might want to see if anything like that exists on your campus. This forced me to both go to class, and review my notes from class once a week or so (and for one class, in which my notes were practically nonexistent, I basically just read through the book and typed what *I* thought was important, so I actually did the reading before the night before the test).

It definitely also helps if you enjoy your classes. I actually almost liked reading for some of my drama and psychology classes.

In the end though, as long as it gets done, does it really matter how much stress is involved to get there?

Of course, procrastination at school does lead to procrastination at work, so correcting it while you can would be best.....