breaking the ice...

My ex and I live 800 miles apart, and I know that when we're ready to talk to each other again, it'll have to be over the phone. Communication will be essential and it might be really awkward to break the ice...

I'm thinking games or something, especially ones that make you bring yourself and your creativity into it, might be a good thing. Anyone know fun games that can be played over the phone?

We also used to have a great time reading books and striking up discussions every few paragraphs. It'd be nice to find a fascinating but general book that might spark all kinds of discussions...

I just think these sorts of things can really help us remember what a good time we had together, at first, without putting too much pressure on the relationship.

Any ideas?

Something my ex and I used to do when she moved away was play games on MSN Messenger. Along with a webcam, we would be able to see each other and play games like we were in the same room. Not once did I ever feel that there was 380 miles between us. It was a wonderful experience and something that I think you should try.