Baggage

How can someone go from telling me that he has too much baggage to be in a relationship with me in one sentence to telling me that he has a new girlfriend in another?

That's how. It wasn't about baggage. It just wasn't right 'with you'.

What happened exactly? Do you want to talk about it?

Breaking up is a difficult and trying time. But, have faith in that it will get better with time. There are people all over this board going through the same thing. You are not alone in this and feel free to talk about whatever is bothering you.

He lied.

Maybe, but not necessarily. The OP doesn't know anything about this new relationship. My ex did the same thing. Told me he couldn't handle a r/s then bounced right into a rebound. At the time and since, he's told me it wasn't a real r/s; it was just for fun/sex/because he could/more lightweight than we were/no feelings . . . it ended after about 3 months. We tried again for 6 months and then I got the same line . . . too much turmoil in his life to be in a r/s. I have to say, I believe him. He's right. He's not up for a r/s. Does that mean he won't turn up again with another Miss Right Now? Of course, not. But if he does, it wouldn't mean he was lying and it wouldn't mean I was replaced. It would mean he couldn't pay the tab for filet mignon and figured Alpo was better than starving . . .

I really don't want to talk about what happened because i hate reliving the breakup and the kind of relationship I had with him. I just have to learn to forgive myself for giving him so much power over me and lead a healthier, happier life without him.

Wow. Good for you. This is very nice to read.

Just know that you can always share on here.

Sounds like you are being very strong and level headed about this.

Archived