how to overcome shyness...

Hey im 15 yrs old and im fairly shy i have a few close knit friends and im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to become outgoing/funny i know its something ur born w/ but i think it would help so if anyone has any iders.

• 2 weeks later...

I was REALLY shy in high school, but by the time I was a senior I wasn't miss popular, but I was really outgoing as compared to the freshman me. What I did was joined a club. I know it may sound geeky but since my passion was video games I created a high school video game club. It'll be so much easier for you to talk to others about what you like talking about, so if you have a hard time talking to others overall, start slowly, join or start a club you're really interested in and that will lead you to socialize with others! And as you slowly talk to new people, that will lead you to become the outgoing person you have within you. Take care! :splat:

• 2 weeks later...

I have always been really shy and I used to think that it was a bad personality trait. However recently I come to accept that it is normal for a lot of people and that it is ok to be a shy person. Over the past 18 months I have learnt to be more talkative and a little more outgoing. However I am still a little reserved at times.

You can learn to be more outgoing and sociable however you should also appreciate that shyness is normal.