Girls where do you draw the line?

Ok after recieving an interesting reply to a post I made a few weeks ago on asking girls out it has led me to ask this question:

Where is the line drawn between a girl being polite and actually liking someone..I'm planning on asking this girl I like out next week but after reading the recent post I got I'm starting to second guess the idea more and more and am probably just gonna write the whole thing off and go on without ever knowing if she did like me so I can save some of my dignity if I haven't lost all of it already..So can any girl tell me what's the difference in you being polite to a guy who talks to you and you actually liking the guy who's talking to you..Any replies would be appreciated thanks.

Phil

first off, ask the girl out. that's not losing your dignity. what would be foolish is to not ask her out and always wonder. the only way you'd lose your dignity would be to ask her out, she turns you down, and then you keep persisting. But asking her out once. Hey take the risk- that shows confidence. the dating game is scary from both sides. If you don't take the chance, you'll never know. If she turns you down, what did you lose, nothing. in fact, i'm sure she'd respect you for it, even if she doesn't like you. I have never thought anything bad of a guy who asked me out- they only get pathetic when they persist.

Go for it!

to answer your questions, though. a girl will sometimes flirt, not always. The way she looks at you- makes extended eye contact, plays with her hair, etc... but some girls are shy and won't do these things for fear of being noticed. we're scared of getting rejected too.