Self-fulfilling Prophecies

Just out of curiosity- How many of you believe in self-fulfilling prophecies? That if you believe or are confident that something is going to happen- than it will. I used to be a firm believer in this but I'm not so sure anymore. Any thoughts?

Hmmmm ... I think yes.

I am a teacher and I have seen the damage that can be caused to a child who is told that they cannot do anything. They begin to believe in it themselves.

I am a woman as well, and fundamentally believe in the power of positive thought. The believe it and live it mantra. But, of course, there are limitations. If one believes that they are beautifully, charming, witty, surely in essense that gives them the confidence to behave in such ways? One of my friends is not beautiful, but she is witty and charming. She believes that she is beautiful and can be successful with most men of her choosing. She is always surrounded by men. She radiates a glow and self-belief that others can see and what to be a part of.

Just my rambling thoughts!

G xx

I believe that absolutely. I read in a book (can't remember which) that a lot of extremely successful people, in this case wealthy, found there greatest success right after some of their biggest defeats (obstacles). Why did they pull through it? Because they knew inside what the end result would be.

In terms of relationships, of course that's true. I'm a guy and I know a few women who are not the greatest looking (still ok though)...but they have an upbeat radiance about them. They're happy and they know what they want...which makes them very successful with guys...who wouldn't want to be surrounded by that?