I am getting teased

A couple of girls that I work with recently saw me in the mall with a friend during my lunch break. They were teasing me saying stuff like tell us about your girlfriend. I explained that we were just friends and that she already has a boyfriend of many years.

They know that I am single and now they regularly are trying to give me advice on how to pick up girls. Today they were saying something along the lines "you can be really sexy if you do this and wear this sort of shirt etc", and the manager overheard this and he started laughing because he thought it was hilirous.

I am getting pressured by my co-workers and also my mum to get a girlfriend.

Hi there

Well you can see this in one of two ways

Either

You can view the attention as being teased and get shy and embarrassed about what these girls are saying to you

Or

You can see all this as playful banter to be knocked back. Treat it as a game in which you both end up having a bit of fun out of and where you don't feel victimised or persucuted.

My impression is that you seem to have the confidence to know what yo do and don't want but do you portray this to others. In any case it's up to you to decide your own destiny

just do what you want to do, dont worry about them, just do what you feel is right, other people dont run your life, you do. just listen to their advice if you want a girfriend, and just chill if u dont want one right now

good luck and i wish you the best.

hey

personally i would just ignore them and do what swift44 mentioned, just do what you want to do, besides they should respect what you say and know that guys and girls can have a platonic relationship. if you do want a gf then you can but if you dont then dont give in to the pressure because it isnt something you want to do

~LJ =;

Thanks for the advice people.

I went to lunch again with my friend and two of my co-workers saw me again. When I was in the office they were like "we saw you with your girl, how is your girlfriend going?". I just shrugged it off and said "whatever", and because they saw that my attitude was that I didn't really care by their teasing they stopped. So by showing that I was not bothered by their comments they had no motivation to continue with the smart remarks.