Can't relate to other people

Borashi

Do you ever feel like you can't relate well to others?

I always feel like the odd man out when I go out drinking with my buddies.

Or even with other people, I feel like it's hard for me to express myself to others.

It's frustrating when you just don't feel "connected" to anyone.

I feel that way at times, but I think it's simply that I'm "in my head" thinking about other things and not being fully in the moment. If you're an analytical sort like I am, you tend to overthink or even let things that have nothing to do with whatever it is your thinking about influence your presense with others. In my case, I think others sometimes notice that intensity and figure I don't want to interact,which is not true at all. Something to work on that's for certain.

I feel that way at times, but I think it's simply that I'm "in my head" thinking about other things and not being fully in the moment. If you're an analytical sort like I am, you tend to overthink or even let things that have nothing to do with whatever it is your thinking about influence your presense with others. In my case, I think others sometimes notice that intensity and figure I don't want to interact,which is not true at all. Something to work on that's for certain.

What you've said also describes me to a tee. As a result, I come off as quiet/shy....and sometimes "cold," simply because I'm silent and off in my own world.

can I join the club too?

In my situation I think maybe I just haven't found people who are my "type". People who understand me or at least are interested.

In my situation a lot of it is probably my fault. Perhaps I need to be a little more welcoming and enthusiastic? Or maybe not.

There are many reasons why we could feel this way. I don't exactly know why I feel this way.

Do you guys have any ideas why you are this way? Borashi?

I disagree, I have ssem some of your past posts and you can relate to people. Maybe its because you feel the people you are out with don't know your current feelings/probelms - I can relate to this.

It's harder aswell for guys to share there inner feelings with other guys so what I have heard, so perhaps confide in one.

Perhaps also you could get interested in their interests so you have common ground?

Take care hun but you can relate to some people

xxxxx

I definitely feel that way, but for the most part it's because I'm afraid a lot of people wouldn't understand me or the things I am interested in. And honestly as cliche as that might sound, tis very true my friend.

It's hard to find that one friend you can feel connected with, they are usually pretty rare unless your thinking capacity is equivalent to a slug; then you can probably find lots of people similar to you.

I'm sure that's not you. And I'm sure you are very bright and potentially a little darkish too.

Best thing is to find a variety of friends in which you can express one or several dimensions of yourself to, and hang out with one by one.

And as for that one person you are trying to feel connected with thoroughly and completely, it would be best to try to find that in a significant other.

Right? Right!

Archived