What am I doing wrong?

Hi everyone, my problem is approaching women. No matter what the situation is I just can't go up to a random woman and start talking to her. It's not that I'm ugly or anything, infact, it's quite the opposite. I am very good looking and easy going and I never have problems talking to women only if they approach me first. I just feel like I am missing out on so much more by being shy. I wouldn't even call it shyness. It's more like stubbornness I think. Anyways, I would really appreciate some advice on how to overcome this problem and be able to approach women. Thank you

Hmmm...the shy gorgeous guy syndrome...Tough, this one is going to be kinda hard...lol. J/k

Your being attractive to yourself should give you a nice confidence boost. Also your being shy, should probably be attracting more women then you can handle. but it doesnt seem to be working out like that right?

Listen, what you need is a group of "NOT SO SHY" guy friends who can do the work for you until you become comfortable enough to do it for yourself. Theres nothing like that not so shy best friend who goes "Hey chick, my buddy thinks your hot". It works everytime. Then eventually you will be comfortable with it and it will come naturally to you!

I love shy guys...........................

Im so tired of man whistling on streets and trying to give you a "free beer stuff"...................

Don't change.............

Maybe the reason woman approach you on streets because you are cute ,shy and have some maners.............(not like those monkeys who sees a beautiful woman go nuts )

Touch me for that !

I'm exactly like you. If a girl is aproaching me, I'm so loose and outgoing. But when I need to ask girl something , I turn to stone.

Its defenetly a phobia or something. I know by my self that after 2 beers I Yes can aproach women , but I dont want to be on beer all the time.

HAHAHAHAH I think you need to say to your self

"What do I have to loose?" - Only my virginity ! If a girl says "Hi , you look good , how are you....!" Thats what you need.

If a girl says "Get lost" or "This place in reserved....."

Ha !!! Who need you , girl anyway. Try to apear "stupid" sometimes [really]. Ask her "I noticed that you like to read Time Magazine !"

And she would be like "HOW DID YOU KNOW ?" - If she is. if she is not. "No i dont like Time !!!"

So you say "Thats what i said , That you DONT like Time Magazine !"

Wait 2-3 seconds ......wait for her reaction and smile as big as you can ! She will notice that you are funny but not stupid. !

Yeah you're right, it's gotta be a phobia. Im hapily in a relationship of 8 months right now, but before I was the same way. I mean, the outgoing chicks that talk to you first are great, but they are very hard to find. I think the problem with us is initiating the conversation. We don't want to make a first impression of a weird-o, or someone who has no idea what he's doing.

I have the same problem as you friend.

I dealt with it by working around it a bit - like you I'm perfectly eloquent and funny provided I don't speak to people directly. So often I would just make a shrewd/funny/funny comment aloud but within hearing distance of the person. I can talk to myself can't I?!?

Say you're stuck in a queue at the post office and the girl in front of you catches your eye. You could just look around in general and make a comment such as "Just as well I'm not in a hurry!". Say it confidently as if you are sharing something amusing with the world. This invites anyone within earshot to join in 'the joke' and breaks the ice. She may catch your eye and say "I've already been here for 20 minutes" and then you're in. She has started the conversation, not you. If no one responds to you, who cares? You'll just be the enigmatic good looking guy who had a sense of humour. She might even regret not speaking to you that time...

• 3 weeks later...

lol, i had the same problem b4, but im not good looking, but wat i have is my confident, my sensitivity, and my charm, dats why girls love me, now if u add the good looks to dat equation, it would be more then enough to make women everywhere going crazy 4 u. heres wat u do go to a mall talk to every hot girl u see there and say "hi my name is -----" say it with confident, and strech ur hand out and she'll tell u hers and shake urs bak (cuz u r good looking) hold her hand firmly and start talking to her until she lets go, o yea heres what u say when u r holding her hand: "am I the kind of guys u would like to get to noe better?" and most likely she'll say yes(she think u r good looking and confident) and a lot of other thing, and after u hear what she said, say thank you and WALK AWAY, keep on doing this until u feel more confident with girls. O yea the 1st or 2nd time u do this u might feel very unconfertable, but its alrit, u'll never see her again so there is no problem on that, o yea try to have good eye contact with her, it builds rapport. Give this a try it works 4 me, I use to be a wimp who dont have any gut talking to girls cuz i was so freaken shy, but after 2 days of this training, I learned how to be comfertable talking to hot girls, and learned many things I could improve to be more confident