A poem

Gunther

Well, this is my first real crack at poetry tell me what you think it is rather short but whatever:

From a single piece of fruit springs forth an abundance of life, both its own for and others. And with this single piece of fruit I shape my destiny.

From the depths of the earth is mined a sigle sheet of iron, after much effort has formed a blade. And with this single blade I shape my destiny.

From a single tree is made a book, with an abundance of knoledge, both for me and others. And with this single book I shape my destiny.

From one piece of clay, comes an abundance of industry after much effort it forms a brick. And with this single brick I shape my destiny.

alot of poetry is written and the writer doesnt know what it means. I mean can you really put down everysingle feeling and emotion perfectly expressed? Poetry is imperfect fragments, or segments, of the human inner emotions and aspects of moral or imorality. If you understand the meaning of a poem i think its to concrete and poetry should be more abstract.