Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Biggest Transformation

scarew

Only six more weeks until baby is here. I am actually getting bouts of nervousness about being a mom for the rest of my life, even though I have been mentally preparing for eight months.

We looked at houses yesterday and really really want one of them. It's the one that is most "us" and a big money maker too. We will eventually sell after fixing it up for a few years. Everything is outdated but well maintained enough for us and baby to live in. Its just so wonderful! On a huge lot with a lakeview, backs onto park (forest) land, a natural deer trail on the property, and a beautiful garden. Inside it has a wood fireplace as a main source of heat and FREE wood! I love wood fireplaces, my parents used to have one. The basement can easily be turned into a suite to help with the mortgage. All we would have to do is throw a kitchen in there.

The only catch is that its on the top end of our budget. But still within range. We are going to call our lawyer this morning to see what our financing is like, and hopefully call the realtor and put in an offer right away. The house only went on the market like 3 days ago so I think we'd better scoop it up.

I am trying to think really positively about it rather than remaining skeptical (yah I saw The Secret). I am just envisioning everything eventually falling into place. The more I digest the walk through of the house the more I want it!!!! I can't wait to put my little one in the jogging stroller and go for a jont down to the beach this summer. I also can't wait for it all to happen for us, and to tell everyone "I told you so". People get so angry when others succeed, its really unfortunate.

It's crazy. It seems like not too long ago I was living in a crappy little apartment in the city getting wasted every night. Then BAM! Meet the soul mate, get pregnant, buy a new house, settle down...

It all happens so fast. If you would have asked me three years ago I would have said, "No way man, I'm going to live and die alone as the crazy cat lady, and be damn happy doing it". My priorities have shifted so dramatically, and I love it.

New baby, new city, new house, new lifestyle. I absolutely love it.

Well we put an offer in and after countering and back countering it was eventually acccepted! Our mortgage broker is kind of worried that we won't be able to find financing in time, but I have complete faith in the universe at this point. Everything will fall into place just as it is supposed to. It will because we want it to

So we have to get an inspection on the house this week and find a lending company that will take us. I am sure everything will be fine. We are so excited about this house! Its in such a great spot and is such a good investment! The possession date isn't until May 17th and I'm due on the 30th, but its not like I will be helping move anyways. I am so excited for this all to go through you guys. I really feel like I am on the path I am supposed to be.

Thanks Newo! I am totally open to comments and feedback.

I went to the doctor yesterday to check up on baby. I lost a pound in two weeks but the doctor said its okay because the baby is HUGE. She said that its really long and will probably be fat. Heart rate is A+ too. That makes me so happy because a big baby is a healthy baby, and usually a more content baby. Soon I have to start going to the doctor's every week.

We are going to get our new house inspected tomorrow (the purchase is subject to inspection and that improvements will not exceed $1000). I am sure it will be fine the whole thing is practically made out of cement and the couple living there has shown us records of their chimminy upkeep and septic tank upkeep which shows they care about the important stuff. I am mostly just excited to see the house again because we only walked through it once!

I am ALMOST finished shcool. I have a final on tuesday and that will be pretty much it. Me and J are going camping (his parents cabin) next weekend to get away from all this comotion! woot woot!

That's so exciting about the house and finishing up with school! I'm so happy that your life is so together

I'm also VERY happy that baby is healthy. I'm sure you posted it somewhere but do you know if it's a boy or girl or are you going to be surprised?

We decided to be surprised on the baby's sex. It didn't really matter to me if we found out or not but my hubby really wanted to wait so that made the decision. He doesn't want to take anything away from the moment, whether that does take something away or not.

We looked at our house again today to walk through with the inspector but he didn't show so he is going to go tomorrow. We took J's parents with us and the LOVED it. Thats really important to us because they are sort of involved in this whole process. My father in law is a lawyer so he does all of our legal stuff with mortgages and house purchasing for us, its nice to get their approval. They joked that they're going to put a bigger offer on the house and try and steal it haha! We only saw it once before we put the offer down so it was nice to walk through again. It is actually in better shape than we remembered so thats good news! Man, I am SO excited for the hot tub its out on our deck with a crazy beautiful lakeview. I am going to live in that thing until I am a prune, or until the baby needs me haha!

5 more weeks! Bah! This is crazy. I am really proud of myself for not falling into this whole consumerism thing around babies right now. I have only boughten ONE THING! And that was a little bib I used in the telling of Daddy that we're pregnant. My friends and family have given me quite a bit of crap already, even though I have told them I am not really worrying about it until my last paper is handed in for school. But you know, for easter and christmas etc they all got us something.

And for my birthday, which is in a week, I let my parents know of a couple of staples that we will be needing. Its not like they can get me clothes right now and we certainly don't want anything for the house with us moving and all. So I just mentioned a couple of the little things that I will definetly want right away. Baby monitors, kangaroo pouch, a bottle set that comes with the hand pumps and conainers and everything.

The in laws have already told us they want to buy our stroller and our car seat. So other than consumable things like diapers and baby tylonol, we got it all. Oh right we still need a pack and play. That is really all though.

I am so glad I didn't listen to everyone that was all, "Oh you better start preparing for the baby," "You shouldnt go to school in the winter semester". Why in the world would anyone need more than a month to prepare? Especially knowing that the baby will already be spoiled with stuff from the grandparents? Besides, I dont want to be a troll when the baby gets here, me and the little one will go out shopping together. I'll need the excersise.

Man I can't believe its so soon. No stretch marks on the tum tum yet. Its all I have left! Crossed fingers!

32 days and counting. Now that I am finally done schoool I started packing some stuff up in the house. I figure I should contribute as much as I can for packing because I wont be helping with the actual move at all. So I am going to try and do like 2 boxes each day for the next little while. *Sigh* I want to move NOW!

Me and the mister are doing alot better than we were in the past. Counselling helped so so much. I try to just not let him get to me if he being a jerk and he eventually stops and apologizes. Before I would blow up and make it into something really ugly.

I am getting really frusterated with friends and stuff right now. I want to talk about something other than the pregnancy. I mean, I don't mind talking about it, it IS pretty much my whole life right now. But it would be nice if everyone wasn't so obsessed with it. If we could just talk about politics or sports or something instead! I need to work on my conversational skills so that I can steer the topic in a different direction.

^ I was having a bad day today. I feel a little better now. I just finished dealing with the last things I needed to do outside the house. I had to go get groceries for a second time today, because I can only carry so much. Then I had to go get my husbands presciption filled for him, then I had to go downstairs and tell the tenant that he has to move at the end of the month because he leaves the stove on and will burn our house down after we move out. Now I can just sit back and wait for american idol to come on while I do laundry. (sigh) laundry. Ah well. The feeling of insanity will be over soon, and it will all be clear why we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off when we see our little baby. Who is coming at the end of the month!!!!!!!

I went baby clothes shopping for the first time yesterday. I just bought a newborn onesie and maching booties, mittens, and hat. That is all I will need for the hospital for it. Its in yellow of course because we don't know the sex. I also am bringing a 3 month old onesie in case the NB one doesn't fit. The little sucker is apparently really big. The doc says the baby measures about 1.5 weeks ahead of what it should! Thats a big healthy baby. The brat is in a pike position though. Kind of in an L shape. Head down, bum straight up, and legs all stretched out toward my left. Little weirdo haha! Reinventing the "fetal position".

Scarew, you're soooo cute!!! I'm glad things are getting better. Idol was good as well, but I don't get the whole Doolittle craze (Simon kix her up a notch too high methinks). But I loved Blake!

Anyway, the position your baby is in is opposite Chloe's. She was typically face down, bum straight up, and feet kicked out to the right. Still L shaped.

Again, Happy Early Birthday!!!

Archived