Chances that this will actually work?

I'm 20, my partner is 29 and we've been together for a year and a half and we're approaching a potential ldr situation that'd last for a year and a half while I'm in school (seeing each other on vacations). He'll be going back to his hometown with all his exes and friends, who I suspect he still has some complicated feelings about. Additionally, he says he loves me but isn't "in love" with me. If ya had to judge, percentage wise, what do you think the chance is that we'll be able to work this out?

I know some people who were in LDR and most of them didn't work out too well. The main reason was that even after they graduated from college, most of them couldn't live together because of job situations, family, etc. The ones that did work out were the ones who started living together after graduation. This is just from my experience. Hopefully it works out for you. Percentage wise I think probably 60-40.

LDR causes a lot of communication challenges. making it very hard! i think only the most dedicated and in love couples can last through an extended LDR. and with the whole "in love" thing, it sounds like he's not quite in th emindset to make it work.

giving percentages is pointless as we barely have a glimse of what your real situation is.

Well, LDR takes alot of trust, committment, communication and understanding. Trust is the key element. Ask yourself, do you trust him?

LDR, like any other relationships have the same chances of working and succeeding. You just have to put in more effort. I'm currently in a LDR and its working out fine.. we're still very much in love with each other despite the distance.

Hope things work out.

Archived