Scared about going into labour early!!

brooke617

I am 25 weeks pregnant with a little girl. All I have been thinking about is what would I do if I were to deliver now and the baby were to die. I don't think that I could handle it or even go through with it. I mean after hearing stories about alot of women going into labour early, I just think to myself what if that was me??? Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent this or why might someone go into labour early? Would it be something I did if that was the case?? I don't know I cry all the time when I think about this, does anyone have any advice or imput on this?

First of all Brooke - calm down.

Being stressed can cause undue stress on the baby and create - among other complications - your worst fears to come true.

Having some information can help ease some of your worries. Pre-mature labour does not mean death. Babies have been known to survive as early as 4 or even 5 months early!

So relax.

Here are some links for ou to inform youself. I believe just knowing can help you feel more secure.

link removed

link removed

link removed

Right now your baby is medically considered "viable", meaning she could survive with a lot of medical intervention if you went into labor right now.

However, I really do not think you need to worry about that at all. It's not common.

If you are being monitored by a doctor or midwife and you are taking good care of yourself- you will be just fine.

Try not to stress yourself out. Your worries are common things that all expecting moms think about to some degree- but don't let them consume you. I'm 20 weeks, and we all worry about loss or "problems" to some extent. But remember- more babies are born healthy than not.

Trust that your little one is cozy where she is and will want to stick around in there for a while, just like nature intended her to do so.

Trust her and your body.

Why is this a preoccupation for you? Have you personally known someone who gave birth prematurely? Has your doctor told you that you have risk factors?

My boyfriend's sister recently gave birth at 5 months and the little girl only spent one month in the hospital before going home. She's healthy and perfect.

Focus on your health - stay fit, eat well and find ways to relax. It's the best you can do. (Obviously, things like smoking cigarettes can increase the risk of early labour, but as long as you're using common sense and staying healthy, you won't be contributing to risk)

I know how you feel about this because I went threw the same stage. Im currently 37 weeks pregnant with a little boy. This being the first baby I have had I worried like that also in my earlier weeks. I went into labor Twice once when I was only 21 weeks and the other when i was around 35 weeks. Both times they stopped the contractions. The first time it happened I was put on bed rest and I was told that my stress level is what could have made me start having contractions. So thats when i realized while being on bed rest I just needed to take it easy and relax... Try finding something that you enjoy doing like reading, painting.. ect and take an hour a day if you can to do it. It will really help put you in a better mood & give you time to yourself. Just enjoy being pregnant because its a wonderful thing. Good luck

Archived