Sheesh........what a disaster!

Thornycactus

Okay.........main reason I came here.............my daughter, 17 years, got officially dumped by the beau...........almost 2 years together...............of course, I didn't help matters................I fell for the "nobody understands me"......"my own family kicked me out"...........and "my daddy left the family and my mother has mpd"(multiple personality disorder). In addition to that, in the beginning anyway my little babes was the stronger party............but once he moved in, it quickly went down hill...............don't get me wrong..........not sorry it didn't work out................ie "too young" and "too intense to last" and "there's more important things to worry about............like say your school?...........your future?"........................it just pains me to see her like that....................anyone remember the first one?...................I know you get over it!..............heck, I remember my firsts name, but if I walked right past him today, I would not recognize him.................I know how teens think, and even young ones in their twenties think..................I used to be one,lol............................a time of deep depression and heavy emotions....................I just don't want my little babes being overly sad and suicidal just because of one breakup.............although I know she can't see it now.........................it TRULY is not the end of the world................any thoughts??

Everything seems like a huge disaster at that age however, they can bounce back quite fast as well.

The mid teens is too young to be in long term relationships anyway. That is the time for exploration (not talking about sleeping around) just dating alot and getting to know what guys are all about so one can make a better decision later.

I always wonder about peeps who marry right out of high school to the person they were dating since they were 14.

How is she going to get over it? Just like everyone else does. Haagen Daaz, rebound person, some crying, some ranting, some leaning on friends.

Take a mini vacation, buy some new clothes, go to the gym, get some new hobbies, read a book, go visit your grandparents.

i remember my mum being really upset when i first got my heart broken and she kept crying saying "I dont know what to do to make it better"

thing is, all her 'experience' in the world wouldnt take away what i was experiencing, or feeling, we are all unique. I went to my friends and drank lots of wine, cried a lot, tried to go out on nights out, hardly ate. My mum worried about me, in time i was okay, i got through it.

Yo cant make it better. Its a natural part of life, of growing up, she had to go through this at some point and i personally thing the younger the better, i was 23 when it happened to me and i felt like i wish i had of gone through it when i was a teenager, just listen to her when she cries and moans and dont give her the whole "its not the end of the world, itsnothing..>" because you are making her pain sound foolish and 'not that bad'.

TO her it is the end of the world, she needs to gain her own perspective on this.

x

Everything seems like a huge disaster at that age however, they can bounce back quite fast as well.

The mid teens is too young to be in long term relationships anyway. That is the time for exploration (not talking about sleeping around) just dating alot and getting to know what guys are all about so one can make a better decision later.

I always wonder about peeps who marry right out of high school to the person they were dating since they were 14.

How is she going to get over it? Just like everyone else does. Haagen Daaz, rebound person, some crying, some ranting, some leaning on friends.

Take a mini vacation, buy some new clothes, go to the gym, get some new hobbies, read a book, go visit your grandparents.

Of course your right Clementine orange...............I know that and you know that..................but try to say it to someone whose heart is broken................luckily she has many friends and they have been amazingly supportive....................and mom can take care of the "new clothes".............if it'll help I have no problem running up the Visa bill to make her feel just a little bit better

Thanks, this is the closest to how I feel about the whole situation............"natural part of life"................"growing up" etc. But really I'm of two minds............sad that she's suffering and secretly happy that this is finally done............at this age and sometimes at older ages the emotional turmoil of relationships is too much and everything else takes a backburner................................education is very important in this household and I asked nothing else but to not let her studies suffer..............I did not get my wish................hopefully things will get back to some normalcy now

Most people go out and get some random sex and that seems to get them out of the rut. Consider finding a strapping young lad for your daughter to have her way with.

Well andyg,..................my daughter hasn't had sex yet...............Yeah I do know!

....................But I could use a "strapping young lad",LOL

TC

Archived