Masu16

I like this girl in my school and I would consider her a possible gf. I havent talked to her in person at all, I only commented her on myspace a few times, and with the help of my friend, I think she knows I like her. But I feel stupid now because I havent talked to her yet. And I could just go up to her and start chatting but I havent, I dont know why. Its not that im shy, im not too shy, I could talk to her if i wanted and I could possibly ask her out. But is that too fast? To just walk up to her one day and be like "hey I like you wanna go out?" I personally think thats too straightforward but is it the right way to do it? Then it comes to if she says yes. Do I ask her number? Or just say "ill talk to you later" and walk away and maybe bring it up the next day? Suppose she gives me her number and I call her later about doing something over the weekend. This is the part that gets me! Ive been thinking of something to do for a first date and until I do, im not sure I could ask her out. But as stupid as it sounds, this is what troubles me! I wouldnt know where to take her after that...

Comments and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

No it's not too fast. She already knows whether or not she'll give you a shot or not so you might as well find out what her answer is before you get too involved and make things really difficult and painful. Ask her for her number and then call her up one day for a date or a get together. Show her you are interested through actions and not words. Go for it bro!

As for date suggestions. Bowling, mini-golf, take her out for ice cream or out to eat, or a movie (though if you do a movie you should go somewhere to talk beforehand, such as going to eat first).

Amazing how you two are in the same school and yet you met on myspace! The degree of social isolation for people is getting staggering

I think the source of your restrictive thoughts here is that you are thinking too far ahead. You don't really know her. You have an idea of a possibility of what might happen. This is causing you to overthink this and subsequently generate just-in-time excuses not to talk to her. All you are doing is talking to her. She probably has no idea you are interested in her.

Also, find some common basis, something connects you or interests you which could become a basis. What does she say on MySpace that appeals to you? Find something you can connect the two of you.

And once you punch through the initial barrier of fear and doubt, it will get much easier. Just go up to her, smile, ask her how things are going, mention MySpace, maybe that you like her page, then roll with it whatever way your style dictates. Forget about the time spent that you haven't acted on this, don't worry about that, it won't come up. The importance of that is all in your head.

And remember this is just as much about you assessing the situation as it desiring to put forth effort to pursue something. If it looks good, great, if not, then not. No worries, don't "force" this or feel like a failure if it doesn't come together. You're 16 and I guarantee you'll meet so many more women I can't even count that high.

As for date suggestions. Bowling, mini-golf, take her out for ice cream or out to eat, or a movie (though if you do a movie you should go somewhere to talk beforehand, such as going to eat first).

Amazing how you two are in the same school and yet you met on myspace! The degree of social isolation for people is getting staggering

shocking huh? i see her maybe once a day in school. its not that im an isolationist, im outgoing and i know alot of people, its just that i never see her, say, as much as I see my ex . I didnt meet her on myspace, i just used it to say a few things.

You should talk to her, see her body language. Whether she smiles, etc. You could ask for her phone number, and call her, and talk to her on the phone for a while, get to know her, and vise versa, before you actually ask her out. Or get to know each other during school.

Thanks

Archived