Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

omayra

I sometimes wonder about God not really wonder but I just ask myself like what purpose he has for me.

I just started going to a pentecostal church for about 11 moths now almost a year. I am very happy because he has changed my ways and brought me peace and love into my haert. I have accepted him as my savior.

I think anyone who is reading this riaght now should look for God, Seek God. In the bible it says if you leave an open door for him meaning that if you at least pray and look for him, he will actually come and help you.

i know that maybe someone of you dont really believe in God, but God is real I hav e come to find that out and Proverbs 3 says that you should look for God when you are still young. And thats what I amm doing. I plan to seek God and serve God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has helped me out in so many things!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello omayra,

Members cannot comment on a solo journal. These journals can be read by others, but they cannot post comments.

If you want people to comment on your journal you need to post it in the public journal forum.

If you would like, I can move this to the public section for you.

Hello omayra,

Members cannot comment on a solo journal. These journals can be read by others, but they cannot post comments.

If you want people to comment on your journal you need to post it in the public journal forum.

If you would like, I can move this to the public section for you.

ok would you be able to move this so that people can comment on it thank you

I am not Christian but I do believe in a G-d. I do not believe that G-d can help me without my being worthy of help and to be worthy of help, I have to live a life where I help others, take good care of my health (physical and mental/emotional), and be active/proactive rather than passive/victim-like wherever possible. I show my belief in G-d the most when I do volunteer work -- more than prayer, when I am out there giving to others then I feel the most connected to G-d.

I do my best not to ask him for help or for anything - I do say prayers daily and most of the time I ask for help for others who are in need - a friend with a sick parent, a friend who is ill, a friend who has a big interview the next day, a friend who is going through a down period. I don't know if it works but even as a ritual it's a reminder at the end of the day to try to be other-centered and to let myself know that (in case no one else is listening).

I don't believe in telling others to believe in G-d or, if they do, how to believe, what to believe, etc. If someone asks me about my beliefs, I tell them and if someone tells me their beliefs, I respect them as long as it is not hurting anyone else. I look more at the actions, the results - if the person is doing for others it really doesn't matter "why" and it doesn't have to be tied to any belief in a god or any sort of religious belief.

I prefer not to give unsolicited input on religion. If I am asked if it is a good thing to believe in god I simply respond that for me it is a good experience. I prefer to encourage people to DO small and large kindnesses not to "believe" in something which in my view is not as active. And by encourage I mean that I do small and large kindnesses and hope that by seeing me do that it encourages others, spreads good karma, etc. If someone asks me for suggestions on self-improvement or helping others, I give from my own personal experience. Telling others what to believe is presumptuous in my opinion and may have the opposite effect if the person feels like you are being pushy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived