LoveLaughLive

hottottie

So I appreciate everyone's replies to my last topic back in January, I love this site so much! but I have a new topic, with someone new! I got out of a relationship back in January (a almost 6 yr relationship that should have ended a long time ago) that I have come to find out was the best thing I could ever do for myself. I met a guy, he's older - 8 yrs older - i'm 22, he is 29 -he is the kindest sweetest, sincere, loving gentleman that I have ever met. When I look at him I dont think of our age difference, I dont think anything like that, I just think about how happy this man is making me and I have definitely fallen for him. After 2 months, of actually being considered his girlfriend and half a year of knowing him, is it to early to tell him that i've fallen in love with him? I almost feel as if this is moving too fast and so many thoughts and emotions are going through my body, i'm filled with the utmost joy and love for this relationship and him, that I think i'm going to go crazy! Its a good kind of crazy though.

I don't think it matters who says it but I am more concerned with the timing. January is not that far away and there is a possibility that you might be looking at him as such a great guy in comparison to your ex who presumably was not.

I think it is fine to make it clear that you are very much into him by being enthusiastic, upbeat and obviously pleased to be with him. But I advise waiting a little while before declaring love until you are absolutely sure you are not reacting to the prior relationship.

I would add that it sounds more like you are in love with love than with him. I didn't see in your post how your feelings for him translate into giving to him. I did see a lot of focus on how he "makes you happy," how you feel joy" how you experience love - and that's great, but that's the focus on you. Shouldn't the focus be on him too - isn't loving not only a feeling but active giving to the person you love?

Archived