AOX

My period will be 2 months late this Monday. I took a pregnancy test last week that gave me a negative reading. However, I still have not started. How common are false negatives? Should I be waiting longer to be testing? I don’t “feel” pregnant at all, when did most of you first begin to feel pregnant? If I am not, what could be the cause of my absent period? (I am under no unusual amount of stress)

Have you thought about going to your local health clinic and having them test you? I know that, to get the most accurate reading, your suppose to do the test first thing in the morning...as thats when it's the most concentrated.

False negatives are common....

I knew both times that I was pregnant b4 I even took the test...it's just a feeling I had.

If your not pregnant tho...somethings going on that you need to get checked out...

doyathink,

yes, I have thought about seeing a doctor. However, that is really my last resort. When I took the test, I did take it in the morning, for that reason.

I wasn't sure how common false negatives are (if I should rely on that negative, or not)

When is the best time to retest, should I wait until I would normally be starting my period this month?

I would definitely see a doctor. That way, you can have a blood test for Hcg and if it is negative they can decide what the next step is as to why you have not had a period in two months.

Curious why it's a last resort to see a doctor about this?

Did you have unprotected sex, or any reason to believe you could be pregnant?

Are your periods usually regular?

My period will be 2 months late this Monday. I took a pregnancy test last week that gave me a negative reading. However, I still have not started. How common are false negatives? Should I be waiting longer to be testing? I don’t “feel” pregnant at all, when did most of you first begin to feel pregnant? If I am not, what could be the cause of my absent period? (I am under no unusual amount of stress)

My girlfriend missed her period for 4 months and turned out she wasn't pregnant. We assume it had to do with the large amount of stress around the time that she missed her periods. Just giving you some hope.

Hope75,

I say seeing a doctor is a last resort because of a (seemingly childish) fear. I will go, be it absolutely necessary. Yes, I had unprotected sex and thus my concerns. My periods are typically very regular. I am going out of my mind to find a cause for this (?), other than pregnancy.

evidica- thank you for the reassurance.

Hey There,

OK it's understandable that you are nervous to see a doctor. However, you aren't getting any answers from the home pregnancy tests and it's been going on for quite awhile now, so maybe it's time to consider having it looked into?

I am going to take a second home preg test this weekend (nearing when my period should begin-- this month). If it is another negative I will find my solace in that and wait for any signs of a period. Assuming two negatives to be accurate. If it is positive, however, I will make that appointment.

(considering the possibility of pregnancy...) Is it normal to be almost 8 weeks pregnant, and have no symptoms?

I am going to take a second home preg test this weekend (nearing when my period should begin-- this month). If it is another negative I will find my solace in that and wait for any signs of a period. Assuming two negatives to be accurate. If it is positive, however, I will make that appointment.

(considering the possibility of pregnancy...) Is it normal to be almost 8 weeks pregnant, and have no symptoms?

If it is negative.... are you not the least bit concerned what might be causing you not to have a period?

If it is negative.... are you not the least bit concerned what might be causing you not to have a period?

I am concerned, sadly though, just not enough to see a doctor. It's a very upsetting thing for me. I would much rather wait it out.

(Irony at its finest: I'm currently in school to obtain my Ph.D.)

ETA The test was negative. Seems I can rule out pregnancy.

Archived