hello well im really shy, like im just on my first girlfriend now and i love her a bunch but before her i wrote a poem for another girl and got turned down, she thought it was very good but i still got owned, and the girl that im dating now when i shoed her she just said how she wished a guy would write her a poem so i did for her birthday and she really liked it, so im wondering if most girls enjoy poetry or if most dont?

This one was for the first girl, the one who turned me down neither of my poems have a title though read em if youd like remember im only 17 so their not proly good.

impossibly,fateally, addictingly,

you sit their, preety as a picture

thinking you know but unaware

of the power you hold over me

never sure what to do or say

you bring both the worst and best out

like a holy preist, you hoist my demons

on your shoulders make me ligheter

heavier maybe even more so

the burden of my love,

never to be realized nor vanquished

it exists seemingly merely to exist

to add incentive to a baren world

nearly false hope but a thought

a mere glimpse of the prize to come

so i try, care, love openly

to make it to the land

the hallowed grounds from whence you came

an angel in my eyes

a ghost in my dreams

im frozen at the sight of you

yet burn with passion in your presense

im the battle ground for two extremes

unbrideled terror as well as courage

both fully instilled by you

This ones for my current G/F

shimering with all the beuty

your eyes bring a sense of wonder

a loss for words i watch

hear you speak but

you dont understand

your body tells volumes

your warmth surrounds me

a slave to your touch

i sqeeze your hand and you squeeze back

i see your hand and wonder

what is the taste of heaven?

i ponder this as i take your hand

kiss it for the first time i understand

thanks for reading and the comments that youll leave! byee

Do most women like the thought of poetry? Probably. Will poetry have a positive impact on making most women fall for you? Probably not.

I hope you can take some constructive criticism...

This type of thing has very little impact on getting women or girls to like you. What is going to be making that impact is who you are and how you act.

Right now I can tell that you do have a lot of growing up to do in order to make that positive impact in generating romantic interest from the opposite sex. How can I tell? The whole point of view of your post gave it away, especially with how a girl told you that she wishes a guy would write her poetry and immediately you ran do to it. What this is saying about you is that you constantly seek approval from females. She says she would like that and you rush to do it for her in order to get her to like you and see you as "different". Women generally do not respond well romantically to a guy who needs her approval like this.

What women do respond well to is a confident guy, a guy who does not need her approval and especially one who doesn't seek it. Women like MEN, not boys. When you do something to get her to like you you are "trying" too hard. You are actively trying to convince her to like you and that shows a lack of self confidence and a need for attention and approval.

A person who is self confident doesn't actively try to be liked. They are comfortable with themselves and don't need to try to make people like them, they go about their life doing what they want to do and if people like them, great, if not it is their loss. This type of person is attractive because they have self value and self confidence. Couple that with someone who has good social skills, who's good at flirting, smiles a lot, jokes, teases, etc then you're looking at someone who is going to be very attractive to women.

This is the problem I'm seeing here and it's okay. a LOT of guys are like this at your age. I was. The thing is you have never had anyone teach you about how to be a person with a high level of personal magnetism. No one teaches that in school. Instead your only source of learning about relationships is what you see on TV and movies, and unfortunately that's all fantasy and is almost always backwards.

In the real world you're not going to see the whiney Anakin Skywalker pick up Padme. In the real world you are going to see the confident Han Solo pick up Leia.

DD, I hope YOU can take some constructive criticism. I take polite exception to a number of things in your post, and I'd like to offer a counterpoint.

It's a mistake to say "Women like this" and "Women don't respond to that" because each one is different. I know for a fact that there are women who fall for poets - why do you think that poetry exists? Further, your first point misses the mark because confused.fallen isn't trying to win anyone over - he already has a girlfriend. His first attempt may have fizzled, but that means very little at this juncture, doesn't it? His second poem is fairly good and contains some powerful imagery, and it was done at his girl's request.

Now, you paint him as a pushover because he responded to her wishes, but I wonder what you'd say if your fiancee asked you to write a song for her. Would you tell her "No." simply because she said that was what she wanted? I hope not, and I seriously doubt it. Common sense dictates that a man who responds negatively to his partner's every wish isn't going to hold on to her for very long.

I don't necessarily equate personal magnetism and value with a massive case of self-confidence, either. In the REAL real world, not every guy who attracts a mate has a big ego, and not every guy who has a big ego attracts a suitable mate. On the battlefield, as in life, a little caution can be among our greatest weapons. The ones who run out with no fear at all are usually the first taken out. A man can have almost no confidence and still excel if he has one other, more important attribute: determination. That's the real key to success in all areas of life. You don't have to be brave to jump out of a plane; you can be shaking like a leaf and still manage to grit your teeth, push yourself through the door and open your parachute.

Give the guy a break; he's doing just fine.

DD, I hope YOU can take some constructive criticism. I take polite exception to a number of things in your post, and I'd like to offer a counterpoint.

somebloke, there is no need to get so defensive. I am not attacking poetry. I am making a point regarding how things work, and when I say that, I am not saying how things work 100% every single time, but the vast majority of the time. This isn't just my perspective and experience, it's the truth of hundreds of guys we see every day on here.

It's a mistake to say "Women like this" and "Women don't respond to that" because each one is different.

I used the terms "generally" and "most" quite a bit. I think it's clear that I did not mean 100% every single time. However having said that, I find that dwelling on strange exceptions to the rule is a huge mistake in the dating world and leads to many guys getting hurt over and over again. I don't want that to happen to these guys so I advise them accordingly.

I know for a fact that there are women who fall for poets - why do you think that poetry exists?

Not to make women fall for them. And poetry doesn't make women fall for you. YOU do. 99 out of 100 woman (probably even greater than that) are attracted to the guy himself, not what he puts down on paper.

Further, your first point misses the mark because confused.fallen isn't trying to win anyone over - he already has a girlfriend. His first attempt may have fizzled, but that means very little at this juncture, doesn't it? His second poem is fairly good and contains some powerful imagery, and it was done at his girl's request.

She didn't ask him to. She said she wishes a guy would write her a poem. Forget the whole point that saying you want something and then responding with complete opposite results when you get it is very common (happened to me and countless men) let's focus on the difference between writing a girl something like that and doing it because she said so. How much more meaningful is it to surprise your girlfriend with flowers then it is to buy her some after she says she wishes a guy would get her some? Exactly.

Now, you paint him as a pushover because he responded to her wishes, but I wonder what you'd say if your fiancee asked you to write a song for her. Would you tell her "No." simply because she said that was what she wanted? I hope not, and I seriously doubt it. Common sense dictates that a man who responds negatively to his partner's every wish isn't going to hold on to her for very long.

You're painting a Straw Man argument here. Who said that you have to respond negatively to your partners every wish? I'm no songwriter so it would be pretty weird if my fiance' asked me to write her a song, however if she did, I'd tell her I would try when I had time. We have plenty of romance in our life so telling her I'd do it when I had time isn't negative.

I don't necessarily equate personal magnetism and value with a massive case of self-confidence, either. In the REAL real world, not every guy who attracts a mate has a big ego, and not every guy who has a big ego attracts a suitable mate.

Who the heck said anything about a "massive case of self confidence"? You're very sensitive here. You asked if I can take constructive criticism but you aren't offering that. You're creating a straw man argument so you can attack it. Painting a healthy level of self respect and confidence as some sort of blown out negative thing is ridiculous and it's not what I was saying at all. Is this ShySoul?

On the battlefield, as in life, a little caution can be among our greatest weapons. The ones who run out with no fear at all are usually the first taken out. A man can have almost no confidence and still excel if he has one other, more important attribute: determination. That's the real key to success in all areas of life. You don't have to be brave to jump out of a plane; you can be shaking like a leaf and still manage to grit your teeth, push yourself through the door and open your parachute.

This analogy has nothing to do with what I was trying to do. I was offering this guy advice as to what attracts women. It's not putting words on paper and giving it to them that causes a woman to be attracted to you. YOU cause women to be attracted to you. And the bottom line is that most women will see the real you and welcome it when you are self confident and self assured rather than subserviant and apologetic. This is the facts of relationships. It was merely free advice because I saw some actions that would have many women turned off. We see proof of this every single day on these forums when guys come here with their stories.

Give the guy a break; he's doing just fine.

I was trying to be helpful, not give the guy a hard time like you suggest. Thanks. But you've won. I can't help someone with advice contrary to their current actions when someone else comes along encouraging the person to continue on doing the same thing whilst at the same time making false assumptions about my advice and then attacking it. So I'll move on. I want no part of this kind of debate.

This is a stupid argument seeing as the whole better to surprise her with flowers than buy something she wishes for thing is not a very good argument seeing as the first time he wrote it for the girl that turned him down she never asked. Also he wrote the poem for his girlfriend on her birthday you cannot calculate how long that was and if he didn't just do it when he has time she could have said it two months before he even wrote it.

To that I would add that if my gf asked for something and I produced it, I would expect her to treat me more or less the same way, which would be greatly to my benefit. If she instead says to herself, "Aha! I've got him right where I want him; excellent! I'll ask for more and more things, muahahaha!" then I'm WITH THE WRONG GIRL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

A lot of girls like poetry. actually my SO is crazy about poetry, and every second SMS she sends me is a poem or has some coulourfull hint of emagination and poetic expression. i struggle to keep my responces as coulourfull as hers, but she's loved it every time i made a short poem for her.

but poetry won't get you the girl, it's the whole package that wil get you the girl.

also poetry is a way of expressing deep emotions, good when two people are crazy about each other, but possibly too much at the start of a relationship, just like saying "i love you" to someone you just met last week is too much. save the poetry to express your emotions after you two have been seeing each other for a while and both have expressed feelings for the other.

Archived