Why is she being like this? Does she not know how much i love her?

deathreaper

So i had a good friend for nearly 2 1/2 years....during this time we have been quite inseparable. Id always show up, hang out, maybe even go to the movies. She would always seem to joke around as just friends...Eventually...around the 1 1/2 year mark, i developed feelings for her and became what i would characterize as in love with her.

So i asked her out, Getting the what i almost expected; the "I just want to be friends" Response. I waited a few more months...asked again but she had a boyfriend i made a mistake in persisting and lost contact with her for about 1 month...Just a few months ago to the day they broke up.

In my current situation now...she has been VERY flirty Touching my leg when we talk at the dinner table with her family, Jumping on top of me and tickling me all over, and then getting really close to my face, close enough i could kiss her (DIdnt because her sister was RIGHT next to us) So after a few times over...she suddenly stops texting me and calling me. What the hell am i Getting into. Is she suddenly afraid? (Possibly having discovered her feelings for me and decides to keep it bottled up)

...should i break off all contact with her if i ask her out a third time?

Id hate to do that, the infatuation and endearment i feel for her is off the charts, but i don't know how much longer i could live with the pain of not being with her in a relationship When i ask her out...probably tomorrow or Sunday, i will give her a gift and a simple note explaining what i feel...and see her reaction. ](*,)

I really don't understand why this keeps happening. I really don't understand it. Men going "here is a token of my liking you. will you go out with me?". PLEASE OH MY GOD YES!!! I've been waiting for this for my entire life! A guy to tell me how he feels and practically BEG me to shoot him down by thinking he can buy me things to proove his love!

Nah I'm giving you a hard time man, but really I don't understand how buying her a gift and telling her how she feels is supposed to like CONVINCE her or something. Many don't see how HOW they approach and how they say it and how they are at the time of the approach is important. Its not entirely what you say so long as its from the heart. You love this girl? You honestly, truly love her? Then don't second guess your love. Don't count on HER reaction to determine whether its for real. Because if you put it all in her hands, she'll have to deal with that overwhelming pressure and would HATE to have to turn you down. Which she might if how you do it kills whatever attraction there is in the dynamic you two have as friends.

Do it, but go all out with it. Don't hold back yourself in case she rejects you because then you'd be * * * * *footing it and you wouldn't be doing yourself any favours as a result. Unless she likes that sweet, coy, "nice guy" type of guy. Its important that you be comfortable about all this man. The second you give the appearance that you'll be completely HEART broken if she says no means she has to watch it and well it should be embarrassing lol.

Always be positive about it. And go from a state of being that you expect it to go well. Things go poorly, don't react like a baby or get upset and start telling her "ya but i love u!" or anything like that. Say "ohhh wow lol i'm embarrassed now because I woulda thought you'd be cool with it. I understand though." or something like that and drop it. I'd suggest even creating some distance to deal with it instead of pretending because then you're dismissing your own feelings for her sake. Not good. So be sure to handle it without putting a shield up, but being prepared enough emotionally as so not to overreact if it don't work out how you'd like it to.

Best of luck.

Archived