Anxious Girl

spirits

I was just talking to this girl and she acted like she was very uncomfortable with people. She messes up on her logic when she speaks and say sorry, she is a goofy person in class, she mis-read instructions in the book. Lastly, the way she said bye is really strange. She literally speed walks away after she says bye, even before I had a chance to say it.

Keep in mind that this post is not about romance

Any insights on what i can say to calm her down next time i see her?

link removed

sounds a little like asperger's. I could be jumping the gun, tho. My son has it and it sounds very similar. If you think she might have it, just make her feel like she belongs...like she can trust you. That would be very valuable and help her a great deal no matter what the issue is.

Good place to begin. To bad I don't know her enough to say it. I don't want to appear as though i recognize that she has an anxiety problem. If i do that, she'll really think it is a big problem since other people can identify it. Right now, she kept blaming on the fact that she has "one of those day" so i'll just take her words for it and see what happens next.

Archived