The ex kissed me...

Does he seem like he wants to get back together with you? Has he said anything to that respect? Maybe the new gf is a "rebound" and he is having second thought about dumping you. But, I wouldnt hold my breath about it. Just go on with your life and see what he does. If he sees you happy and going on about your life, he MAY have second thoughts and ask for a reconciliation.

Yeah, she's a rebound. He is really missing the connection that the two of you had.

But don't fall for it! He made his choice and has to live with it. When you feel weak, just remember all the rotten things that caused the break up in the first place. Go on with your life and try your best to limit his contact with you. If he is serious about getting back together, then time will tell.

No holding of the breath in this corner..I actually have a date for this coming weekend!

However, there wasnt anything really nasty that caused the break. We got together 3 months after his divorce and went super fast..pushing for moving in together, marriage, etc...and i think at the end of the day he broke it because hes not ready (either was i) to go so super speed.

Do you think i blew my chances by telling him that im so picky and dont need a man? My one friend seems to think this but i feel i was just being honest.

He didnt say anything bad about the GF...or good really...

Does he seem like he wants to get back together with you? Has he said anything to that respect? Maybe the new gf is a "rebound" and he is having second thought about dumping you. But, I wouldnt hold my breath about it. Just go on with your life and see what he does. If he sees you happy and going on about your life, he MAY have second thoughts and ask for a reconciliation.

See. no he didnt say "i want you back" which is IMO what needs to be said and the actions to back it up too.

He went on about how great i am, and how he realizes that he shouldve been more appreciative of me, more patient, more understanding. He talked about how we didnt really argue and how hes now seeing that any relationship is going to have its problems (he broke it off also because he thought it should just "work") I feel like if he was just looking for sex he wouldve done more then shyly kiss me.

The date is with a different guy, not the ex btw. Im actually wondering if the GF is still around.

Oh, a rebound, you should have said that earlier. Well then there MAY be something there. A person's head is so screwed up after a big relationship falls apart. He may have just needed time. But keep on with your life! Like I said, if there is something there, it'll happen.

Well, there might be something there after all!

You just keep going on with your life! You've come to a point in your life where, while its good to see him, your no longer dependent on him. You need to keep in that frame of mind. Your starting to loose it just a bit, but thats to be expected. Now step back, take a good look at yourself and make sure you keep living your life FOR YOURSELF. You'll be ok!

Yes, I think it's possible to get back together after 5-6 months. I know a couple who is trying again now years later. Let him make the moves. But don't be too available, miss calls, live your life, keep dating, and definitely don't let him kiss you or be intimate with you unless and until he drops the other girl. Remember, you are worth being #1. Don't settle. If you have that attitude, he wil respect and value you more.