random question

pearlylove

Okay so remember the deal before with not getting the period and being on NC?? i got cramps today and i took 2 pregnancy tests--2 different results...being a bum and not taking another one (i know people are about to kill me i just really dont want to......). but that's not what this is about

i'm hoping someone can give me advice. we're on NC but we still eat dinner at the same place--he goes with his friends i go with mine (the dining commons). i would have avoided him if possible but there was no way cuz he was facing directly where we were eating (i noticed after we sat down) and i had to pass his table to get my food. PLUS his friends are ALSO my friends from B4 the relationship...so how could i not say hi to them??? ugh. it was really hard cuz they waved me over to the table but the look of sadness and pain and confusion in his eyes is now stuck in my mind and making me sad again. I should be happy because that's what he did to me and then moved on immediately...but that's not the kind of person i am. please help me out, any words will be appreciated.

Cramps are not usually a sign of pregnancy, specially that early, but usually part of the PMS.

How many days have you been late?

What were the specifications on the tests you had? Some of them are acurate since the first day you are late, some are accurate since a week or two past the period date.

Also, it is extremely common to be late during stress periods, like a breakup.

haha i meant the cramps as a good thing as in maybe i'll really get my period. i was sposed to get it last tuesday...it's just really weird cuz it usually comes the same day same approximate time (tues night). oh crap i didnt read the specifications...i took the first response one--buy one get a 2nd one in the pack free. hmmm i'll look it up. i'm thinking it's stress.

also...what do i do about the fact that it's inevitable that i'm going to be seeing him around my friends who are going to want to talk to me? ...i'd feel bad ignoring them but talking to them / going to them would mean seeing the ex again...and that spirals me down.

With NC of course there has to be room to move... you will inevitably run into eachother, and it will be awkward - that's something you both just have to deal with...over time this will become easier. You can not expect to never see each other again - it would be almost naive to think this a possibility. Just saying hello is civil - and better than saying nothing at all, but keeping it to that is also important... hang in there, it does get easier!!

P.S. I have never done NC - I remain close with every ex bf I have ever had - even my son's father and I remained close until he remarried - and she would prefer NC! Hehe.... But sometimes you can be friends again later once you are both re-established in your own lives, once it's no longer hurting and awkward!

haha i meant the cramps as a good thing as in maybe i'll really get my period. i was sposed to get it last tuesday...it's just really weird cuz it usually comes the same day same approximate time (tues night). oh crap i didnt read the specifications...i took the first response one--buy one get a 2nd one in the pack free. hmmm i'll look it up. i'm thinking it's stress.

Run to the drugstore again, look for one that is effective since the first day of being late, and check the expiration date on it. Two days is not something really weird, so I'm pretty sure it will only help ease your mind.

Tod: i guess i will. i guess better safe than sorry.

yeah i've only had one other bf and that was for 2 years...but that was much easier to get over b/c i did the deed with him. i'm surprised he still talks to me...but that's kinda nice to have.

this one ended it with me...and i saw it coming for a good month cuz he was being a real jerk, but i couldnt break it off cuz my rents woulda killed me and i honestly had no reason cuz he had been so good to me otherwise. but yeah he's already in another relationship...but the sadness his eyes still hurts me. not sure why. okay so hi's it is whenever that happens...i know it'll get better. i understand that it's stupid to think we'll never see each other--and i dont want that to happen. in fact i still think he's a good guy (when he's not in a breakup lol) so i'm hoping we do end up being okay eventually (in a while haha)

okay so i'm good now with the venting/telling more info. thank you guys. big time.

Okay, so from what I understand, he is in another relationship. That always makes it feel 10 times worse. Please understand that all of these things that you are seeing, and that are happening, do NOT come someone who you really want in your life. You are worth something, and its not what you are going through. I know you are confused and hurting. I know that its very hard to go through this, but just stay strong and ONLY focus on you. Dont get in the trap of thinking "I wonder what he is thinking" or "I wonder if he misses me when he saw me" things like that. Only think of how you are feeilng. If you find certain situations are making you feel more anxious, please try hard to avoid those situations in the future. Concentrating on how you feel is a major key to healing.. It gets better, I promise.

ack. i'm glad you said this cuz i have found myself in this trap after i ran into him yesterday. last weekend i spoiled myself majorly...bought myself a ring and a sexy bra and went rock climbing..helped a LOT (too bad he decided to come up to my room and break NC--next time i'm totally not evening opening the freaking door, that set me back). this weekend i'm doing the same sorta thing with booking activities to enjoy one day at a time. i'll concentrate on me...no more HIM. ugh. thanks suede