Waxing Pt 2

So I am going this Friday to get the Brazilian wax

For those of you who have gotten it done, do you have any advice or tips on how I can prep myself? I am so nervous!!!!!!! Every time I think about it, my stomach starts to hurt. I feel like I'm going to do this instead of go to my appointment-

Hey there,

There is nothing you can really do to "prepare" per sae. I guess just make sure the hair has not been shaved recently.

Really, there is nothing to be afraid of. It will be a bit uncomfortable but not agonizing. And the techinican (if she is any good) will tell you beforehand when it will be pretty uncomfortable and she may ask you to take a deep breath. That helps. The stinging lasts a few seconds. She will work in sections. It is not like she takes this huge piece of wax paper and do it all at once. YIKES!!

When I had mine done for the first time, I was SOOOO glad I did it. I wondered why I waited so long. You will not see the maximim benefits of waxing (i.e. smoothness) until your second or third waxing.

You will be fine. I am sure your wax technican will be great and put you at ease. Let me know how it goes.

Your hair should be trimmed. The hairs shouldn't be more than 3/4 of an inch long. As someone else said, you can take tylenol (advil is for muscle pain.. tylenol is for this kind of pain). Also have a glass of wine with your lunch before heading in.

Your hair should be trimmed. The hairs shouldn't be more than 3/4 of an inch long. As someone else said, you can take tylenol (advil is for muscle pain.. tylenol is for this kind of pain). Also have a glass of wine with your lunch before heading in.

i respectfully disagree...advil/ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and it's definitely and anti-inflammatory you need when it comes to a brazilian wax.

Shaving is a good alternative but you have to do it daily or every other day. With waxing you only have to do it once every three weeks and in addition to that your results are a lot smoother.

I noticed that after I have had many waxes, the hair grew back much slower, softer and lighter. I also feel fine after each waxing, there really isn't much of an adjustment time.

I rather suffer through 5-10 mins of waxing then to shave every day.

IMO, shaving ends up being MORE painful than waxing. Shaving produces more razor bumps and ingrown hairs, not to mention the pain in the but it is to shave every day in the shower.

I switched to waxing about a year ago and would NEVER go back to shaving.

To the OP, ibprofen/advil prevents bumps and helps with pain. Also it helps to take an antacid 20 mins or so before u get waxed. Believe me, these things make a difference. Now that Im pregnant I try not to take any medication unless necessary so I havent been taking my advil and tum's before my wax. It has resulted in an increase in ingrown hairs and bumps. But still totally better than shaving.

If you get a good estetician they can do SUCH a better job than you ever could with a razor. They get the hard to reach places. I can put my legs behind my head, I didn't think I HAD hard to reach places before I started waxing, but I do!

• 2 weeks later...