Painful sex?

This is kind of embarrassing...but here I go anyway. My boyfriend and I have just started having sex within the last couple of weeks....things seem to be going good except one thing. We tried a different position last night...where he could have a deeper penetration, but it really hurt as he was getting deeper. My question is....is this normal? Do you think it could just be because we haven't had very much sex yet and that was new? I checked the net and it makes it sound pretty bad, like something could be wrong. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm fine before and after sex...just that moment during.

you could just not be used to it yet, and involuntarily tensing up, leading to the pain. go to the doctor anyway, women should have yearly checkups. it may not be anything serious at all, it can sometimes take a little while to strech out. it is also normal for women to find some positions more comfortable than others, depending on the shape and tilt of your uterus.

just in case, read more on link removed

I know what you mean...my boyfriend is just a smidge too long for me so if i'm tense or sometimes just in the beginning before all the engines are up and running, he can't thrust as deep as he wants because it hurts. Don't fight the pain, slow down or tell him to go a little lighter in the beginning, it'll go away with time. It doesn't usually happen to me anymore.

Also...since you just started i should mention this too...the first time i had this kind of pain was about two weeks after i lost my virginity... i was wondering why it didn't hurt in the beginning...check if you have Urinary track infection symptoms....just incase.

Well he is pretty big so I'm guessing maybe that has something to do with it? I'm usually alright, i think maybe I should just ease into it with that position? hopefully it gets better and this isn't an everytime thing. Thanks guys

If it only hurts when he goes deep, he may be hitting your cervix. That's not a horrible thing, but most women find it painful. (Then there are some out there like myself, who enjoy the sensation.) It can cause problems in the long run if he's hitting it hard and repeatedly. Try a different position where you can control the depth... woman on top is a good one for that.

I actually just read this:

When the female becomes excited, her vagina produces lubrication, the back of the vagina extends and her cervix (the tip of the uterus) pulls up. When she is relaxed, her cervix dips into the vagina. It takes time for the female to become fully excited and aroused; if she isn't fully excited her cervix may not pull up even though she has produced lubrication. In certain positions during sex, the penis may hit the cervix if it has not pulled up, causing an achy, crampy feeling that may linger after sex.

I didn't even know that was possible...