Deciding between Priesthood or a relationship?

What? You just got called stupid. How can that be viewed as a good thing?

I know my couple of posts have been ignored on this thread, but when it all shakes out and she continues to distance herself from you until the eventual break up, just have my advice in the back of your mind. Nothing wrong with making a mistake, but there is something wrong with making it over and over again.

Your gf doesn't respect you. She thinks you are being fake with your emotions and is looking for a way out. This religion issue is just an excuse.

I do hear what you're saying, but it just doesn't feel like this. After being with her for two years I don't see her as being this manipulative.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly faith is a VERY personal thing and shouldnt be invloved in your conflicts, if someone had to ask me to chose between them and God i'd chose God over and over!!!! How could she even say that? all she can do is to respect your faithal chose and you hers. Its about imposing eachcothers beliefs here! Yes relationships can work with people having two different beliefs, its all about respect.

this post has great potential to get ugly.

the bottom line is: figure out what you want to do with your future..and figure it out FAST! it is not right to drag people along. if you are debating leaving this woman, just leave and spare her the misery down the line. I'm sorry, I was born a 'roman catholic' but Ive obtained my own personal 'spiritual views' on 'religion' as I grew older and I can't fathom loving anyone or anything MORE than the people in your life. I just can't comprehend it. So my opinion on this situation, along with many others who feel the same as I do, will be that if you really truly love her, you know what you're supposed to do. If youre debating between a life with her and a life not only without her but without ANY OTHER FEMALE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, then there should be no question where your heart truly resides. You probably already know the answer to your own question. Just come to terms with it SOONER rather than later. Someone's heart & future is at stake, other than just your own....

-DG724

Honestly faith is a VERY personal thing and shouldnt be invloved in your conflicts, if someone had to ask me to chose between them and God i'd chose God over and over!!!! How could she even say that? all she can do is to respect your faithal chose and you hers. Its about imposing eachcothers beliefs here! Yes relationships can work with people having two different beliefs, its all about respect.

Chocojay,

you have to understand that people who don't put God first, or don't have this 'attachment/relationship' with a God, can't even begin to FATHOM putting anyone or anything in front of those within their lives, or where this guy is coming from. And the girlfriend sees this as a personal blow to the heart because she sees it as some 'spiritual or mythical being' coming before her love, her devotion, her commitment, her personal involvement with this guy.

I think the best bet is to go on a break, sort out your head. Get you stuff together man without dragging this poor girl along for the ride. You may lose her during this time, but that's the risk you just may have to take. Its selfish to stay with her for another month, year etc while you figure out if you even want to be with her! THAT IS JUST WRONG AND SELFISH! so if you want to be selfish, FINE, but just do it on your own time and let this girl go find HERSELF now, and find someone who will want her without any doubts in their mind. (that may or may not be you down the line-you wont know until that happens) If you love her then you should gracefully give that opportunity to her. You cant have it all...

-DG724