Wow!!! Reading all these different posts under this topic has me wanting to participate, LOL.

Okay, well. I feel uncomfortable with masturbation. Right now I don't masturbate at all.

I'm wondering if feeling comfortable with masturbation make you comfortable with sex?

Is masturbation normal???

Growing up I heard that masturbation was wrong (not from my family; it was never mentioned).

From what I've heard, in general, it sounds like most women masturbate.

I've always heard of men masturbating, so for some reason I feel that's their right. I feel almost like it's simply apart of their nature.

Friends (which are women) that I've spoken with seem to enjoy masturbation and believe all women masturbate.

Is it bad that I'm not really attracted to the idea of masturbation???

How do you guys generally feel after masturbating? Do you feel great, or do you wonder why you did it because it didn't seem to accomplish much?

Thanks for listening.

I'll appreciate all insight.

no one ever talked to me about masturbation. EVER. it was only until i got older that i started to question. i don't think it's wrong anymore. i think it's safer than going out and messing with another person because that puts you at risk for stds, emotional involvement, physical risks....etc.

if you think about it, masturbation is a way to relieve sexual tension and stress without the risks of another person in the way.

I think masturbation is quite important for women, because it can help them find out how their body works and what makes them feel good and orgasm. Otherwise I think it's a bit hard to expect your bloke to be able to figure it all out, when you've never really worked out how your body ticks. Just makes it easier to communicate.

I think it helps you feel comfortable with your body, and feel comfortable with yourself as a sexual being. Plus it's fun! There is a site dedicated to female masturbation, but I'm not sure it's suitable for a public forum. PM me if you want the link!!

Hey Gracie,

I do it, I love it, I barely see it as connected to sex with another person... sex with someone else is intimacy and sharing with orgasm as an added bonus, masturbation is just a bit of fun with orgasm as an end goal.

Plenty of women do it, plenty of women don't: don't feel pressured either way. If it's something you (might) enjoy, go for it, if not, that's no biggie!

C

Masturbation and the act of masturbating, are very beautiful things.

AMEN

As for the other questions, those are open to interpretation and it is something that you need to research for yourself. I personally feel that masturbation can lead to comfortabilty with sex but it does not have to. I would say that masturbation is a good step in the right direction if you want to feel more comfortable with sex but you also have to rethink what you believe with sex if you want to be comfortable with it.