Girls, what are your expectations for a guy you date?

I'm thinking about asking this girl out. We know each other, casually and only see each other in passing. But I know she is very social and has a lot of friends, and she goes out dancing quite a bit, apparently. Now I'm not as social, mainly because I dont' have a lot of friends. Though clubs and dancing are not my thing. I just never felt comfortable at them; I wish I could but I'm not. My concern is that she may think I'm uptight or not much fun since I don't go to those types of places as she does.

I just picture her asking me to go or assuming I would go because of her liking them; and then me being honest about not wanting to go. In that case would it be a big turn-off? I just prefer not to go to social-heavy places where dancing/mingling are the primary activity. I guess I feel if I ask her out I'd feel obligated to do those kinds of things with her. If we do go out and at some point she does want to go those kinds of places, what should I tell her?

I had this experience with my fiancee and we just found things we like to do together. I don't do the whole dancing thing as much now, but I don't care. I really don't have anyone to go with right now anyway. As you get older, your priorities change anyway.

Just because she's social at clubs doesn't mean she can't be social with you at a less active place. Maybe invite a few friends out so it's still social yet personal?

Dude, there are tons of fun things you can do alone where you don't have do dancing.

1. Have a picnic date on the beach

2. Go out for a progressive dinner. Maybe go for some soup, and then some sushi at another place, and then some place where there are yummy desserts.

I don't think, think of some ideas yourself. Find something fun, unique, where you can spend quality time together....

Alright you need to become a dancer. Girls love guys who can dance or even have the balls to get out there. Don't even have to dance just move with her.

Man up and open up to new things. Go dancing sometime, and don't just stand there approach the girls. You don't even have to drink. In fact, I advise you not to drink so that you'll be on your toes and able to speak understandably.

You never know till you try man, personally I hate wondering what could have been. I feel just as good getting rejected as when a girl agrees to go out with me because I know that I tried my best.

Don't worry about not being able to dance, I've met many women who complain their fiances or boyfriends don't like to dance. However, they are still together. There are other things you can do together, if any girl would not date someone based on whether or not you can dance then she doesn't deserve you.

Dude, did you read the original poster's message ?? He said he doesn't want to dance.

There are lots of ways to charm women. This guy sounds like he is more of the quiet intellectual type. He should work on what he is already good at rather than learn something else. WHy not take her to some quiet place where you can just face each other and talk the day away. I know a good idea. Go cloud watching. Find a park, lie side by side, and look up into the sky and just talk about all your dreams and passions and fears and hopes. It's a fun date. Plus its free. Watch out for grass stains and wormies. Have fun though.

Alright you need to become a dancer. Girls love guys who can dance or even have the balls to get out there. Don't even have to dance just move with her.

Man up and open up to new things. Go dancing sometime, and don't just stand there approach the girls. You don't even have to drink. In fact, I advise you not to drink so that you'll be on your toes and able to speak understandably.