My friend (a girl) gave me the password to her email.....read for more

Ok so I'm a guy and my friend gave my her email password, she wanted me to get something for her (somethin like that). Anyways, that was a couple of days ago, and today I was bored so I logged into her account and started looking through (I admit I was so curious to know what happens in her life, this being a girl who i've previously had feelings for).

I used to be one of her best friends before I asked her out, now I'm just a good friend. What I found out today was amazing! She's thinking about breaking up with her boyfriend (hasn't told me anything about that), her sister did something really bad in school and another topic which I asked about a long time ago and she never told me. She used to tell me everything and I really miss it.

SO like wow, i found out so much today. On a sidenote for anyone whos thinking this...no I don't plan/nor will I do anything bad with the info I got today. I know I'm wasn't a good friend today when I went through her email, but damn she gave me her password (she prob didnt think that I would do somethin like this) but I did it. I don't know what to feel at the moment, so I'm just sitting here typing and thinking damn....

lol PM me her inbox contents, sounds juicy (I'm kidding of course).

Well, you must know what you did was wrong, but all the other posters about to post in this thread are going to lecture you on that so I'll leave it to them....

As for what you learned, well if you're planning on using her near break up with her boyfriend to your advantage and ask her out, keep in mind that by the looks of your situation and the level of trust she's given you, you're probably solidly in the "friendszone", so if you still have feelings for her than by all means ask her out but just don't get too caught up in what her answer might be.

Also as for her not being as good a friend to you as she has in the past, how would you know? Only now did you have access to her private information so you had no way of knowing in the past how much she's kept from you when you may have thought she was telling you "everything".

ya it is...but you mean friendship wise or legally (I was given the password) and friendship wise yes it was but I don't know. Now I just feel really bad, I'm not gonna say anything to anyone even her and try to forget I even read it........ahhhh the only thing this tells me is that Im obsessed with her SOO what I should be asking is how do I rid myself of the obsession?

ya it is...but you mean friendship wise or legally (I was given the password) and friendship wise yes it was but I don't know. Now I just feel really bad, I'm not gonna say anything to anyone even her and try to forget I even read it........ahhhh the only thing this tells me is that Im obsessed with her SOO what I should be asking is how do I rid myself of the obsession?

Honestly, you're going to have to do something that you don't want to do (and probably won't do), you're going to have to stop being friends with her.

The best thing to do is probably to just quietely let the friendship die by saying your too busy to talk/hang out with her whenever she calls or texts or approaches you. While you're doing this you should also go out and start talking to other girls. Really those two things are the key, don't spend time with her and talk and hopefully ask out other girls.

Obviously, withdrawing from the friendship will be easier said than done but after you spurn her invitations to talk or hang out a few times she should get the hint and that will make things easier.

The best thing to do is probably to just quietely let the friendship die by saying your too busy to talk/hang out with her whenever she calls or texts or approaches you.

I am currently in a situation where it looks like this is what my best friend is doing to me. (I had told him i had a thing for him, but he already suspected it at the time). Theres nothing quiet about it - it hurts, its confusing and makes me feel like i did something wrong. If you feel like you need to end the friendship then just say so.

I am currently in a situation where it looks like this is what my best friend is doing to me. (I had told him i had a thing for him, but he already suspected it at the time). Theres nothing quiet about it - it hurts, its confusing and makes me feel like i did something wrong. If you feel like you need to end the friendship then just say so.

That's fair and the main objective is to end the friendship which is clearly having a very negative impact on him. But just to add my two cents your situation isn't quite analogous to the posters. For one, he's the one with the crush that needs to let the friendship end whereas it seems to be the opposite in your case. I just said to quitely let it die because I assumed that it was just a casual friendship the two shared as opposed to an intense best-friend platonic type of relationship. If the former, than just putting a stop to hanging out with her will end the friendship without too much of an impact, if the latter though then being upfront is really the only option.

My one problem is that for the life of me I can never picture anyone ever saying "I can't be friends with you anymore". It's just odd to me but that's just me.

I'd actually say that I'm pretty close with her, not best-friend but close. That's where a big part of the problem roots from, I don't want to ditch her as my friend because I enjoy her company, but then again it's killing me. Like you said I can't really imagine anyone saying I don't want to be your friend anymore.