Dreaming about your ex

has anyone had any dreams about their ex and either they are together and everything is perfect or else yuo are just having a really nice time with your ex.

you wake up feeling happy... then...

10-15 seconds later realisation kicks in and u know that they finished with you and you are without them... then your heart starts racing and depressions returns.

it is the most horrible thiing ever

I WANT HIM BACK SOOOOOO BAD :sad:

i didn't really experience anything like this until recently.

whats worse than the dreams is the more i grow to see how doomed things really were and how i'm probably far better off for not being with the ex, the more i am constantly reminded of her. where before i would just think about her constantly, now i try not to and hear that song or see that place. her birthday is on the 23rd and you would be amazed how often that number turns up. like how i always seem to glance at the clock 23 minutes after the turn of each hour, and sports... god... and now this new movie coming out.

that might be why i dream of her now, i keep overanalyzing everything around me and finding hints that i should be thinking of her instead of forcing her outta my mind.

Even in my dreams my mind won't let me be with her. I've never had a dream where my lost love (in this or any other relationship) came to me. I suppose some psychologist could explain that but it's really strange. Even with other relationships, when I've dreamt of the other person that I've lost, my dreams ether would not let me see the other person or they were always just out of reach. Like she was just there but I missed her. I could sense she had been there or was close but my mind wouldn't let me see her. That's weird, I know..

i totally understand how you feel want_his_love!!!!

I just dreamt about him last night and it felt very real! i wake up and realize it was just a dream... i have been actually dreaming about him A LOT for the past few days and i dont know why?

Sometimes i wish that i never see him in my dreams but other days I am glad that I get to hold on to the special memories we had, even if they come in forms of dreams. Sometimes i like to think that he is dreaming about me at the same time I am, which is of course very silly! I cant stop the dreams, i just have to deal with it and hope that one day, it wont affect me as much when I wake up and realize i am alone now.

is it true that you pretty much dream about what you think about the entire day! So, as time goes by and as we start to think less and less about our ex's the dreams should automatically stop!

Couple of nights ago I dreamt about her. It was actually a pretty nice dream, but filled with lots of details about our break-up, so really it was a nightmare. But I didn't wake up all sad or anything.

I think it's a pretty natural part of the healing process. Obviously, your break-up is on your mind, and actually NOT dreaming about it would be strange.

I dreamt about my ex a lot right after we broke up. A couple of times where he was doing things to hurt me, saying he'd cheated blah blah blah. Then I had dreams where it was *him* but it wasn't him, and things were dandy. One even had our first kiss in it (it wasn't my first kiss, but definitely the best ever so I remember how it felt). Most recently though, even after I was feeling good, not wanting to be with him at all anymore, I had a dream where we were being us at the beginning of the relationship. It made me really sad when I woke up because I lost all that amazingness so quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone goes through the post-relationship dreams. Partially because of how much their on your mind when your awake, your subconsious must become saturated with that person???

Either way, a year later I still have them occasionally. Although instead of feeling frustrated after waking up, I feel slightly puzzled. I feel this way more because I wonder why I am having them, rather than the fact that it was about her.

In the end, they will fade as the feelings of desperation do. Only expect occasionally the ghost will re-appear and have something to say.

First I had sad dreams and nightmares, than I had a phase where he came back and I launched him. The last few nights I've had dreams where it was just a normal day with him like when we were dating, no particular memory but how we would spend a typical Saturday or something. In the dream I go to sleep next to him at night and I wake up in reality and he isn't there..it's very disconcerting and sad

I kind of miss the nightmares and over the top fantasy dreams, these reality seeming ones suck big time ](*,)