I need help fast..I don't know what to do.

My close friend brought up suicide today. She's been depressed for a long time, years, but has NEVER brought up suicide to me. Her mom commited sucided she's got no family except for a grandpa who's out of town most the time.

She emailed me this morning saying she hasn't never felt so depressed & she is at her end. She said she needed to talk to me (email) but can't because I believe in God & she believes in suicide.

I've emailed her since & she hasn't replied. I called her from a pay phone while I was out. Asked if she wants company, she said no. I asked if she's doing okay, she said no.

I dropped off my bf, at home here & called again to tell her I'll come over & bring a movie or something...but she's not answering.

What do I do? Do I leave her alone? do I drive to her house? and just ring the doorbell till she lets me in?? what do I do?

I've never been in this situation before, I'm scared, but I don't know if I'm overreacting?? I don't know the right thing to say to her...I don't know what to do.

Thank you for reading.

She's you friend, she's in trouble. Thats the only formula thats important right now. You go to her, take anyone that you think can help and just don't leave her alone. Get her to go home with you, stay with her...it doesn't matter. The most important thing is that she knows you love her and you want her alive and healthy...now go!

• Like 1

Hey flower,

I hope it goes well.

I am also believe in god but we are not here to judge. I also completely understand why people do commit suicide and I have been there many years ago myself. Here is a link link removed

This may help you, if anything to understand what she might be going through, maybe even print this out and give it to her.

She needs you to be there for her, so your boyfriend will hopefully understand and take a back seat for now. Just go over there hun and be there. She will say she doesnt need company, she will say shes not ok or not to come, people do this because they feel so worthless and they feel they would burden you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to come here and ask about your friend, you certainly know the meaning of friendship

hugs

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the replies. Right as I was about to leave, she came online & we talked for awhile. She says shes feeling better. She won't do anything..I do believe her right now, her attitude seemed to change & Her grandpa got in town & was on his way there.(which was wonderful,i think it was an answered prayer) He's taking her out for supper. Tomorrow we are spending together.

Shadow thank you for that site. I'll definitely take a look at that.

I feel for her & understand where she's coming from. She's lived a very hard life. She has had to deal with so much at such a young age. She amazes me in so many ways. I love her,She's like a sister. My bf, completely understands and is accommodating. he'll even babysit for me while I go over there. he cares for her too...she's family.

I hope everything goes well with your friend. Do you think you could convince her to see a therapist?

Thank you Daligal

She's been to many therapist. Her not haven't a vehicle makes it hard for her to see them. she currently isn't seeing one. She hasn't felt she got help from them & She says the last one gave up on her.

I'm not sure what all I can do....so please I'm very open to suggestions. We're going to have fun tomorrow...but words of wisdom, prayer, ideas anything that may Help...I am totally open

thank you again for all your support & words.

Flower I would print it out and absolutely give it to her, been in that situation many years ago myself when I was 17, that site saved my life.

Its amazing, its as if they are speaking straight to you, I cry my eyes out still everytime I read it...

Also they have a group called the good samaritins you can email for support.

Just remember my friend, when they say they are ok it doesnt always mean it, just keep that in mind...

Hugs hun, what a fab friend you are

Tell her to come here. We don't judge, rant or boss. We just listen...and I think thats a big part of what she needs.

Thank you...I think I will suggest it to her again.. I had given this site to her before, but I never got the impression that she was intrested in it. But I still gave her the link & told her about it.

I think I'll suggest it again.

Thank you so much Locke & Shadow. I really appreciate your words & support.