Virgin Poll...Who's still a virgin?

iwishiknew

Not a virgin.

Didn't loose it until I was 18 though. Have slept with only 2 people, the last one being the guy I want to be with for the rest of my life.

It is hyped up, so don't do it with some random guy. Wait til you find love. Because THATS when the real sparks fly.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an old thread.. and I may have responded at some point, but if not... then here goes.

I am and I'm extremely extremely unhappy about it.

Don't see it changing anytime soon though.. if ever.

Sorry if that's seen as being negative, I'm not going to be overly positive when there's no point.

I believe in being realistic in life... and if it's not happened in nearly 29 years (November 10th is my birthday) it's unlikely to ever happen and that's simply a fact.

I'm not a virgin...was until I was 19! You're really not missing out on much, it's very hyped up.

ok, losing your virginity is not what the big deal is. Not having weird awkward sexual experiences anymore is. As soon as you get past all of the anxiety, and awkwardness due to lack of experience, sex can be amazing.

to clairify, imagine your first time like picking up a pack of matches, and subsequent times like discovering FIRE!

I believe in being realistic in life... and if it's not happened in nearly 29 years (November 10th is my birthday) it's unlikely to ever happen and that's simply a fact.

...and I thought I'd never kiss a girl in my life when I passed 30 years and got heart-broken by a crush that I'm still thinking about after 2 years have passed by....then I had a short-term girlfriend where we french kissed and had some nice experiences, and kissed like four women. Now, I'm no longer hung up on the fact I've never kissed a girl.

To say that nothing has happened before, and nothing will happen now is totally really not realistic, lucky breaks or your own breaks do come from time to time, and you never know, this year, or next year, could be your year that you get that connection you are looking for.

I lost it at 17 to a FWB who became a girlfriend, and the fact that I was so nervous made it less enjoyable for me. I'm glad I did it though, because having terribly awkward verging-on-panic-attack sex when you're with someone you have huge feelings for is not something I'd want to do.

ok, losing your virginity is not what the big deal is. Not having weird awkward sexual experiences anymore is. As soon as you get past all of the anxiety, and awkwardness due to lack of experience, sex can be amazing.

to clairify, imagine your first time like picking up a pack of matches, and subsequent times like discovering FIRE!

This is OTM. I didn't lose my virginity until a few months ago, but I still have my occasional awkward/beginner experiences with it here and there. Truth be told, I don't feel like an honest-to-God "non-virgin" yet, even though technically I am. I'm still getting the hang of it. "Post-virgin" is more fitting.

The way I see it, if you can actually keep count of how many times you've had sex in your life, you're probably not anywhere near experienced. One thrust does not turn a guy into a mature sex god, so to speak.

28 years old and still a virgin never mind ever having a girlfriend. I've resigned myself to the idea that I will most likely die alone so I'm planning a trip to Vegas or Australia. The memories from that trip will be enough to last me a lifetime of solitude.

----------------

Now playing: link removed

via link removed

To say that nothing has happened before, and nothing will happen now is totally really not realistic, lucky breaks or your own breaks do come from time to time, and you never know, this year, or next year, could be your year that you get that connection you are looking for.

I do disagree with you here because I have had not any absoluteley any lucky breaks in my life where things just kind of happen. I believe if it was meant to happen it would have happened along time ago but I feel that time has come and gone. I have come this far without a partner and to be honest more than likely I will end up going the rest of my journey without one.

I'm a virgin, and to EVERYONE who says it isn't all its cracked up to be, why don't you stop doing it COMPLETELY from this day forward? cause if it really is just "eh" that shouldn't be a problem, now should it?

I'm a virgin, and to EVERYONE who says it isn't all its cracked up to be, why don't you stop doing it COMPLETELY from this day forward? cause if it really is just "eh" that shouldn't be a problem, now should it?

It won't happen... heck you're extremely unlikely to get anyone with regular access to sex to even stop doing it for a few days to a week.

The way I look at it is this....

It must be all it's cracked up to be, or there wouldn't be people constantly talking about it.... it wouldn't be all over television and especially movies and there wouldn't be people who are addicted to it and others willing to pay for it.

I think a lot of people say it's not what it's cracked up to be, though I'm willing to bet a vast majority of them say it for one reason and one reason only... to make those of use who aren't virgins by choice feel better about ourselves.

I certainly hope to find out someday if it's all it's cracked up to be although truth be told....

At this point I'm almost immune to it... does it hurt a little bit that it hasn't happened yet? Yep... but more in the sense that I feel like the world's biggest loser.

I'm if nothing else quite, used to my virginity by now and the likelihood of it never changing. I'm somewhat complacent about it because there's no end in sight and I don't believe in having false hope.. never have and never will.

Hope can be a great thing, but it's silly to have hope in a relatively hopeless situation.

Honestly speaking in my case it's more the fact that I'm still not a parent that hurts the most, I dream of becoming a parent and here I am going to be 30 in just over a year and nothing. My little brother had a beautiful daughter last October and I can't help but wish for the same myself.

Ah well if it was meant to be, I suppose it will happen eventually eh?!?

Virgin (not at all by choice), and in my late 40's, which I think may make me close to if not the oldest such individual to post in this thread.

It clearly just wasn't meant to happen for me, and is just one part of my larger inability to successfully interact with people that has only been getting worse with time. I can tell that I'm turning into that bitter old man who lived and died alone upstairs in the first season of 'Friends' (without the pet kidnapping habit, of course).

Virgin (not at all by choice), and in my late 40's, which I think may make me close to if not the oldest such individual to post in this thread.

It clearly just wasn't meant to happen for me, and is just one part of my larger inability to successfully interact with people that has only been getting worse with time. I can tell that I'm turning into that bitter old man who lived and died alone upstairs in the first season of 'Friends' (without the pet kidnapping habit, of course).

I feel the same way right now that it won't happen but I refuse to let it dictate my life like it does so many.

I have much to look forward to.

In my experience, having hope, waiting for a lucky break, waiting for love or happiness to find you is little more than a pipe dream for the typical guy interesting in romantic and sexual relationships.

In my experience, effort is required the whole way through. There are good and evident reasons for most things that happen in life. I'd never even get a single date if I didn't put myself in a position for it to work (online dating is what I do).

As long as you aren't too selective, the kitchen sink approach to dating tends to work pretty well. Even from a basic level, by the time the average guy asks 100 women on dates inidividually, he'll usually get at least one or two affirmative responses. If some forethought and perception is used the percentage goes way up. Just look for the girls that show an interest in you. If there aren't any like that, you can change things about yourself to make that not the case.

I feel the same way right now that it won't happen but I refuse to let it dictate my life like it does so many.

I have much to look forward to.

Just to clarify, it doesn't dictate my entire life ... just this aspect of my life. I believe I still have other types of things to look forward to as well (yes, even at my advanced age).

Archived