Should I suggest coming over?

9 week relationship...for the first 3-4 weeks I went over to his place after Tuesday night classes. The 5th and 6th weeks i started staying over and driving home in the morning (no no dirty minds lol)

Then we had a bump in the road...i complained about the drive down there just to go to sleep. Since then he hasnt been asking me to come down..but if i ask he wants me to come down.

Anyway tonight i have class and want to stop by after..BUT i saw him thursday-saturday afternoon and then he had his son the last two nights. Should i suggest stopping by or is that me chasing him too much?

I don't think it would be a bad thing to ask. You clearly want to. Just phrase it in the sense of "I know you might be tired/busy from having your son over, but I was wondering if I could come visit you and stay over tonight?" If he says yes, then great. If he says that he's too tired etc. don't take it as a knock against you. Having to take care of children is a very draining thing to do.

You complainig about the drive "just to sleep" is most likely what caused him to stop asking. He doesn't think you want to go through the hassle of seeing him. So you're going to have to do the asking if you can stay over yourself for a little while until he feels sure again that he's not inconveniencing you by asking you to drive down to see him.