Need help ASAP!!!

Hey guys,

Ok I had an interview on FRIDAY for a job that I really really want. It is working for a fitness club. On that day, I went to one of the fitness clubs to interview with one of the general mgrs (mike), he liked me and then told me to go 10min away to go interview with another general manager (cindy) at another one of their facilities which is the one I would be working at. Cindy really liked me as well, offered me the job but told me to go think about the position over the weekend and to give her a call on Monday (today) and let her know if I want the job. Cindy also gave me her cell number in case I can't reach her at her office.

So today is Monday and I have called Cindy at noon, was told that she wasn't in the office, so I called her cell phone, no answer so I just simply left a short vm telling her that its me calling regards to the position and for her to give me a call back, and then I gave her my cell #.

It has now been three hrs since and I'm freaking out..I really REALLY want the job, all kinds of thoughts are going thru my head like what if I didnt say my cell number clearly to return my call.

Should I wait for her to return my call? should I call again? should I maybe call Mike (the first mgr I interviewed with, who was at another facility)

What is the right thing to do in this situation for me to secure my job at this company.

Thank you

Well you have left a message with the appropriate person. She could be out sick or on vacation today, so I would wait and call again tomorrow. If she doesn't answer then I would go ahead and call Mike and let him know that you tried calling Cindy, and that she was unavailable, but that you wanted to let him know that you wanted to accept the job and are eager to start working and what do you need to do from here.

I would just wait a little while longer and then try and contact both managers. What would be the harm really? Just be eager, but calm and thank them for offering you the position.

I don't see why calling them both should be an issue, as long as you let them know you are just following up, but hadn't heard from anyone and that you are excited about starting. Good luck with your new job.

Edit: I guess you could wait until tomorrow as the previous poster suggested, or you could just wait until the end of the day. Of course you are eager, it is a job after all.

Call the first one, definitely. I had a lot of contact with different people at my current job because I really wanted it and there were waiting periods. It won't bother them, and if it does, it's not going to affect you getting the position... it's not like you've been calling them every day. Just call the first guy and let him know the situation, that you didn't get in touch but left a message and just wanted to be sure since SHE told YOU to call her today, and now she isn't available.

Well, you let her know that you called when you left a message. I am assuming you are in the US so maybe she took today off.

She will probably be back in the office tomorrow and give you a call back, but if you don't hear from her by say, around noon I would give her another call. If she doesn't answer, i'd call the other manager, mike and let him know you tried to call Cindy but were unsuccessful in getting a hold of her, and that you want to accept the offer of employment, and what do you need to do next.

• Like 1

You never know what may have happened, so I wouldn't panic too much. If she doesn't return your call by tomorrow morning, I would again attempt her at the office and then her cell. If you are unable to reach her, see if you can speak to someone directly at her office. They may be able to give you more insight to what is going on and may be willing to take down a message. I would then also follow-up with the original manager and let him know that you have tried to reach her to let her know that you would like the position.

I think leaving too many messages appears annoying. They got in touch with you originally, so if you made an error with your cell phone number, they must have some way of reaching you. Plus, checking in with the original manager may come accross as "telling" on the other manager. Maybe she had to be out of the office for some unexpected reason... I know I hate when others go over my head before I have been given sufficient time to get back to them!

• Like 1

I still say don't call.

I have lots of friends who work in management or hiring and they say the most annoying thing people do all the time is to call and be eager... they say many times they just cross these people off the list.

I work at a place that involves hiring and admissions.. and the most annoying thing people do is call and think they are showing themselves to be eager.. when I just want to tell them to stop bothering me.

If I need to contact them.. I will.. they shouldn't contact me

I still say don't call.

I have lots of friends who work in management or hiring and they say the most annoying thing people do all the time is to call and be eager... they say many times they just cross these people off the list.

I work at a place that involves hiring and admissions.. and the most annoying thing people do is call and think they are showing themselves to be eager.. when I just want to tell them to stop bothering me.

If I need to contact them.. I will.. they shouldn't contact me

I see your point, but she specifically told me to call her as soon as possible and let her know, because she would like me to start asap so I can still get into their training classes. I just mereley did what she asked me to do.

....................................................................................................

I'll wait till tomorrow to hear back and in the mean time pull my hair out waiting grrr , Thank You everyone for advice, you were all very helpfull!!