Girl into me or just really social?

dreamingwithabrokenheart

Hi all, so last night I was at a club for a speed dating event. I arrived about an hour early to help my cousin set up the event, and noticed a very attractive girl that was also promoting the event along with my cousin. We ended up talking/ and helping her out up until the event started. I didn't participate in the dating but I sat down in a booth and she came over and I said, "Well lets get started", and ended up talking for another 20 minutes or so until it ended. (She was running the show w/ my cousin but ended up talking with me until the dating was over, which I thought was a good sign).

Throughout the night we would pass by and talk to each other, I made her laugh and really felt like we hit it off. So later on that night, she invited me to come out to another event on Friday and I asked for her number (which she gave) to see if she wanted to go out.

My question is do you think she was into me? I mean I know its hard but by what I've written down what's the general consensus here? She's the social chair for an org. and I'm wondering if she's just really nice and likes meeting new people or if she thought something more. Sorry if this is stupid I just can't tell sometimes cause I've read situations completely wrong.

Quick update...

So I hung out with her again in a big group and talked/flirted. While we were playing pool I said if I won I could take her out to dinner, which she accepted. So we tentatively agreed for Monday, so Sunday I called her and left a voice message only to get a reply 8 hours later that she might not be able to make it because she was at her parents place and wasn't sure when she would be back into the city. Anyways, kind of bummed because I feel like we're great together and want to get to know her more but seems like she's playing games.. i don't know. Then a couple hours go by and she sends me a text message saying, "don't be upset we'll hang out soon ok? if I get back earlier do you still want to hang out?"

I don't know where that last one came from, I never sounded upset but maybe she just thought that because we were supposed to get together. Well, I guess the balls in her court to contact me now..

What are your thoughts? I think I over analyze things and its driving me crazy. I can't stop thinking about her, lol.

perhaps she knows that she would be upset if you did that to her so she knows you feel bummed...not upset, but bummed. don't worry. this is waaaaaay to soon to get bummed about her. wait until you really emotionally click. it's just early. give it a bit. i'm sure she will make it up to you. this next time you will probably get the invite back to her place.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

2nd update:

So we planned on seeing each other last night, I was planning on making dinner. I saw her on Wednesday and we were talking and she seemed excited about our date, she even talked to my cousin about it. So I called her on Saturday and left a voicemail to see if we were still on for Sunday but never heard from her. Now this is the second time our planned date didn't work out, which bummed me out.

Should I try getting a hold of her today or should I just drop it? I was talking with a girl friend of mine and she said don't even try anymore... I was thinking about calling her to just say, "hey sorry that we couldn't meet up yesterday, hope everything is alright?" What do you people think I should do?

Sounds to me like she is a bit flakey. I've been there dude... trying to date a flakey women, though never one that didn't call or email ahead of time to change the plans, the fact that she never returned your call or got back to you about the missed date isn't a good sign. My *guess*, and this is only a *guess* is that you are not the only guy she is dating, and maybe things have progressed with the other guy. Sorry, not what you want to hear, but it is what turned out to be the case with the flakey women I was seeing.

it's still too soon to judge this. if she is flaky or not. i'd let her try and make moves now though. i wouldn't get crazy and try and pursue further.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................