The Official Valentine's Day Gift Suggestion Thread

annie24

This is more if you have some time in together already...

I made an "Un-Valentines" gift (which I will give him today). While the timing is with Valentines Day almost, it is more a general gift as we have had a tough couple of months with a lot of life chances, and are working on coming back out on the other end again!

I printed a bunch of pictures we have taken over last couple years, of us doing stuff together, or just being silly, and so on...bought a nice but simple photo album and some metallic markers and assembled them in some kind of order with some silly remarks, loving ones, about reasons I love him, and about times we shared and with some comments about the future and past using pictures that fit it to tell the story.

Simple, but I think he will appreciate the thought. That and I also organized the basement and went on a cleaning/purging spree while he was away this past weekend!

On our first V-Day we had been together for two months and two weeks to be exact. (Easy to keep track when your first date was on January 1st!) I got him a book about dragons and wrote him a light but sweet inscription inside the front cover.

For our second V-day I got him a pocket watch engraved with something meaningful to him.. And a stupid singing V-Day toy, but only because the song it sings is an inside joke to us.

This year I'm buying him some Magic cards. (We're dorks!) I'm also making him a very fancy dinner with a bottle of wine. Since I'm not known to cook... This is big!

He's always gotten me jewelry, chocolates, and a card... Flowers.. But this year he's doing something different.. I think it has something to do with a spa or a massage... Mmm.... Regardless, I can't wait!

Today is my 200th day with my partner.

For Valentines day I have a photo frame with a picture of us with a pretty little red frilly thing on one of the corners.

I'm attaching a little note saying:

"A happy Valentines Day to the one I love and adore.

Yours forever, J6hn.

ps. Behind a picture lies a thousand words."

as hidden behind the picture are hundreds and hundreds of little bits of paper with "I love you" written on them on both sides (That took me so damned long!)

And I shall be giving her this with some flowers.

Hope she likes it.

I took her on a repeat of one of our most memorable dates. I gave her a box of godiva chocolates, I really nice pillow and blanket from brookstone, and we started drinking some wine on the lakefront... then I gave her her card. We celebrated on saturday because she has to work tomorrow. Here's what the card said

This is for the EX!!!

As IceMotoBoy once put it so eloquently, "anything more than a punch in the face is more than she deserves". It went something like that, as he was referring to his ex boyfriend.

As Chris Rock would say, "I would never hit a woman, but I would damn shore shake her a little bit".

I think the best Valentines Day gift for the ex and one that would surely SHAKE her, would be for me to show up with some flowers, at the apartment that she shares with him...WHOO HOO!

Man, I am going crazy today...;-)

• Like 1

Well, I'm treating Valentines Day as a friend day for my lady friends since I have many of those, but no romantic relationship. Also treating it like Mother's Day for my mom.

I'm getting each a card. Something cute and childish like a Snoopy or Peanuts card. Nothing romantic or serious.

Also, a bit of chocolate for each.

For the one friend I did ask out, who's not available, I understand and accept she's not available, which is why I'm not getting her earings like I had originally intended. However, I do want to do something extra for her beyond what I do for my other friends. Something nice, but not romantic. So I'm getting her a book of free carwash passes for the local carwash. She likes to keep her car clean. She get's embarrassed if it's dirty, but she doesn't have enough time to wash it herself, and can't afford to pay to have it washed very often. This way she can get it washed as often as she likes for no cost for a year. Not a romantic gift, but a nice gift for a friend. Plus I'll get her a card and some chocolate same as my other lady friends will get.

Well we decided to move Valentine's Day to this weekend since we both work late, and have class the next morning. But...I'm prolly going to take her out to dinner. Afterwards I'll play her a song that I've been working on for the past coupla weeks. Then hopefully we'll hit a party or somthin!

Oh yeah, she hates flowers/chocolate. "It's cliche, I know you're more original than that."

Ha...dinner and a song. THAT'S not cliche...:splat:

I ended up getting my girlfriend some flowers, a regular box of chocolates, and this box of chocolates with this inside joke we have that was on the cover. I saw it and knew I had to get it for her. My sister also helped me make a necklace for her.

I hope it's enough. I was on the phone with her today and she was saying how long it took for her to get my present ready.

Last vday, we were going through a rough patch in our relationship so we didn't get each other anything. This vday, we never discussed gifts or anything, but I've hinted that I would like some flowers. I like a bit of conventional romance now and then. We are also going for dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant. Should be fun. It's nice that this year we are in a good place.

For him, though, I know it sounds silly, but I got him an egg poacher, lthe book Life of Pi, and a bag of Curry flavoured Lays.

As for the egg poacher, the other morning, I was saying how I hate poached eggs and he said he loves them but it's been impossible for him to find a poacher. So I scoured the local mall and found one. I'm looking firward to his expression.

With Life of Pi, we once talked about books about India we had read and I asked him if he had read Life of Pi and he said he hadn't.

I got him the Lays because he found them at a gas station once, loved them, and since then hasn't been able to find any.

A weird combination of gifts but I think he will like all of them. Hve a happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I ended up getting my girlfriend flowers, candy, and I made her a necklace. Nothing too big but still good. She made me a ton of cookies and a frame with our picture in it together. Then at the bottom of the bag I saw something else...and it was 2 condoms. We're waiting for marriage but she got them as a gag gift. I couldn't stop laughing after I saw them.