Hey,

So I've been working on gaining weight this year. I'm sick of being the tiny girl, and really i feel disgusting. If you are curious about my size you can ask. I've started going to the gym...I don't do much if any cardio...because when I do I lose weight like crazy. I've been focusing on lifting weights and its been going pretty good. Since Christmas I've gained 7 pounds and feel great. I'm getting good definition too. My doctor also recommended I start taking whey protein because my diet is lacking and I lift so much. But the thing is my weight has stopped...and I can't see myself getting over this little hill. I'm at my highest weight that I've ever been at and haven't ever gone past this. Am I doing everything right? Or is there something I should be doing different? Also...I take my protein after a work-out...is that the best way?

Thanks in advance

mel

Yeah...protein after you lift helps "feed" and repair your muscles faster....also, if you are working on gaining weight, make sure you have some carbs before your workout so that your body isn't burning fat as well as building muscle. I am envious. I have fat to lose and muscle to build so I am supposed to be upping my protein but cutting my carbs. Also, in the protein shakes you can cut up friut and add natural peanut butter...it makes em tastier. I am proud of you for gaining weight the healthy way. I bet you feel great too. Oh yeah..and I have to do LOTS of cardio. (darnit) Keep it up !

I am currently bulking up as well. I'm 17 years old and about 145 lbs. I do a full body workout every two days and try to eat around 3000 calories, 150g of protein and 100g of fat a day. Also I take a whey protein shake after working out and a casein protein shake before bed, because it has slower digestion. Just be sure you eat healthy lean fat, and eat a lot. Lifting weights will help, and yeah stay away from cardio. I'd recommend protein shakes too, be sure it's pure whey.

I'm [just about] 19, 5'6 and I used to be 110...then I went to college. The freshman 15 definitely caught up to me but everybody says I look much healthier now.

I don't have really any advice to offer, seeing as I gained weight just by eating 3 big meals a day and snacking at night, but none of it was really that healthy. But way to go on gaining weight the healthy way! I hope it continues to work out for you.