Help! I can't stop my hair from falling out!

Ok, this has been freaking me out for a while, and I've tried different shampoos, but I don't know what to do anymore. Everytime I wash my hair or brush it, there is SO much hair that falls out. I used to have really thick hair when I was little, in high school I did alot of different things with my hair--coloring, highlighting, different styles, and I think that may have caused some irreversible damage. And now, I'm so afraid to do anything to it because SO much of it falls out. Help! Does anyone have any suggestions?

is your hair actually thinning out or do you just shed alot?

I know when I brush my hair or do anything to it a ton of it falls out but my hair is just as thick as it always has been and i've talked to doctors about it and they say as long as it isn't visibly thinning dont stress over it. BUt I agree it could have to do with stress and your hair is probably damaged from all the things you used to do to it as far as like coloring it and stuff.

Yea, is it thinning? I have long thick hair and everytime I shower, dry, or brush my hair, soooo much comes out. When I'm done drying my hair my bathroom floor is covered. I vacuum my house twice a wk, and by the 3rd vacuum the "CHECK BRUSH" light comes on b/c of the hair. Mine definitely isn't thinning though.

I know its annoying but I think its normal.

If this has been a continuous problem, consider going to your doctor for blood tests to make sure everything is normal.

It could be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency I think.

After I had my daughter, my alot of my hair was falling out. Big globs of hair everytime I washed my hair and when I brushed my hair.

I went to the doctor. Had a regular physical and bloodtests. Everything came back normal. My doctor determined it was from the trauma to my body, going through pregnancy, and birth. Eventually it stopped.

How long has this been happening?

Yeah I just graduated college last semester, and I had a LOT of stress going on at the end there, and trying to graduate. But things have mellowed out so, I'm not sure why, still this is happening. I know that naturally people lose hair daily, but is there something I can use to make my hair stronger? Has anyone tried a certain shampoo or spray or something thats made their hair stronger/thicker? I'm female, by the way.

There is an excellent shampoo/conditioner you can use that people swear by. I have a friend who's Mom had to go through radiation therapy, and she got this stuff and it worked wonders, she didn't even lose her hair. It's called Nioxin.

However, it is really expensive. There is a generic version you can get that works just as good from what I have heard. It's called Nutra Ox.

My grandma and my aunt both do hair for a living. So I get the inside scoop about this stuff from time to time.

I'mthatgirl- I can really say for how long, its been continuous through college, but it just feels like to a point where its the thinnest its been, and I don't want it to be any thinner. I never thought about a vitamin deficiency, what kinds of vitamins would help? I dont have insurance, otherwise I would make a doctors appointment.

Faeries- Thanks! I'll try the NutraOx. I had been using Pantene ProV "Thick and full" and it works better than other stuff I've tried but I never felt like it was doing the best job.

Pantene is actually bad for your scalp. It is good for your hair, but bad for your scalp. It has wax in it that clogs your follicles. You may aslo want to try a remove all treatment. You can buy them in one application packets at most places.

There is an excellent shampoo/conditioner you can use that people swear by. I have a friend who's Mom had to go through radiation therapy, and she got this stuff and it worked wonders, she didn't even lose her hair. It's called Nioxin.

However, it is really expensive. There is a generic version you can get that works just as good from what I have heard. It's called Nutra Ox.

My grandma and my aunt both do hair for a living. So I get the inside scoop about this stuff from time to time.

I was going to reccomend Nioxin!!

HOWEVER, the Nioxen reps will do a check on your hair with a little microscope camera thing to determine the cause of the loss so they can give you the right products (if you arrange an appointment, you can do it thorugh any good store that stocks their products).

There are quite a few reasons why you could be losing hair, so just grabbing a random product might not work.