Are Asians just unattactive to Caucasians?

shy2cool

I should jump in on this.

I'm Asian. My girlfriend is white. Her previous boyfriends were all white. She thought she was only attracted to white guys. But as soon as she saw me, she was drawn to me. She asked me out, so she must think I'm attractive. Plenty of white girls have asked me out. A black girl just asked me out a week ago. I've dated an Asian girl before, too. It really doesn't make a difference.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should jump in on this.

I'm Asian. My girlfriend is white. Her previous boyfriends were all white. She thought she was only attracted to white guys. But as soon as she saw me, she was drawn to me. She asked me out, so she must think I'm attractive. Plenty of white girls have asked me out. A black girl just asked me out a week ago. I've dated an Asian girl before, too. It really doesn't make a difference.

Oh, well aren't you at the top of the bell curve

OK, there are some people who transcend religion, wealth, and ethnicity with pure attractiveness.

Give us your secrets! >: |

Ok i live in Aus and i'v thought asian guys were hot before. Just a little while ago in fact this chinese guy came into my work and gosh he was hot! Though i am guessing he had some aus blood in him cuz he was very tall and admittedly looked a little more Aussie but he still had the lovely asian skin and looks about him. I don't believe a race determines anything. I don't have any racist friends and i haven't really met any racist people (well i hope not or they'd get an earful). Australia to me is a very accepting country. You don't have to act white or anything. Act like yourself and someone will like you.

Oh, well aren't you at the top of the bell curve

OK, there are some people who transcend religion, wealth, and ethnicity with pure attractiveness.

Give us your secrets! >: |

I don't think I'm very attractive but my girlfriend says I'm very cute. I think my features are very rough hewn. I have long unkempt black hair that I wash every day and comb a few times. That's all I do for it. I have a goatee. I wear glasses. I'm 5'10" and 150 pounds. I wear exclusively black shirts, army fatigues, and a black trench coat. Outward appearance pales in comparison to your inner appearance.

I don't drink, smoke, or do any drugs. I have a flawless criminal and driving record. I'm a preschool teacher and I love my job. I'm a role model for over 50 children in three different classrooms. I want to become a father someday and I know I'll be a really good one. I'm in college working towards a PhD in clinical psychology. I get straight A's. I'm a musician. I sing, play guitar, bass, and piano. I'm an author, finished with ten full length novels and working on five right now. I'm a published freelance writer of short stories and articles. I'm a professional editor. I have really good self esteem. I have an open mind and heart. I'm nice to people.

And I'm twenty years old. My secret? Get your life together first and girls will come looking for you.

• 1 month later...
I was born in Australia, but because I am Asian, I feel that caucasian women don't me a second glance, nor would consider dating me. I mean... how many interracial couples do you see where the guy is asian, and the girl is white.

PS - I've seen that humorous video 'Yellow Fever' already!

ive dated a white chick .... and im 100% asian.

im in australia but i wasnt born there.

look the thing is ...every chick is different just dont generalise.

Wow it's refreshing to hear that non-Asian women would date us Asian men. I wish I could find more women like you around here!

* * *?? dude are u serious? being asian dont mean shiet, its not a bad thing. Why are u making it out as a big deal? whats the matter with u.

I live in the US, but I'm an Asian (guy), we have pretty much the same circumstances as well. I've asked a (caucasian) girl before and she gave me a chance. Aside from my experience (from what I see here), its a mixture of a lot of things, some (white) women will look on the personality, so on and so forth. I've seen a talk show before (can't remember what) that talked about interrracial dating/marriage, where people said that if they see someone who is dating somebody from another race, they consider that person a sell-out. Some people just prefer someone from their own race, and others just lack the education; I've had women tell me, "you've got the guts to ask me out...(you're out of my league), for all I know you used to live in a jungle or something" (Since I'm from a tropical country, she assumed I live in a jungle).

* * *?? dude are u serious? being asian dont mean shiet, its not a bad thing. Why are u making it out as a big deal? whats the matter with u.

oh thats not what i meant.. most of the women here only want to date caucasians. it's rare to find one that's just open to any ethnicity, asian or not.

heyy

i'm a white american girl

and my boyfriend is asian

we've been together for almost a year now

and we are very happy

i find asian guys in general extremely attractive

i do like when they are taller than me though

lol

which can sometimes be hard since i'm 5'10"

thankfully my bf is 5'11"

hahaha

anyways

keep looking

obviously some white girls like aisan guys!

I'm and asian girl and live in Aus, and I'll tell you this - girls don't tend to be attracted to people who look like dweebs (of any size, shape or colour). The problem is, many Asian guys look like dweebs. Don't act like a dweeb, and you won't look like one. ie carry yourself with CONFIDENCE. The girls will come

I honestly don't have a race preference but the dweeb factor has meant that I've been attracted to more skip guys than asian or curry guys. Having said that, I have a major crush on this skip guy who's more asian on the inside than me

I'm and asian girl and live in Aus, and I'll tell you this - girls don't tend to be attracted to people who look like dweebs (of any size, shape or colour). The problem is, many Asian guys look like dweebs. Don't act like a dweeb, and you won't look like one. ie carry yourself with CONFIDENCE. The girls will come

I honestly don't have a race preference but the dweeb factor has meant that I've been attracted to more skip guys than asian or curry guys. Having said that, I have a major crush on this skip guy who's more asian on the inside than me

hahahah dweebs ...I think u need to see more asian guys.

• 4 years later...
I was born in Australia, but because I am Asian, I feel that caucasian women don't me a second glance, nor would consider dating me. I mean... how many interracial couples do you see where the guy is asian, and the girl is white.

PS - I've seen that humorous video 'Yellow Fever' already!

I've seen 'Yellow Fever' too. Very funny.

OK... so I'm a Caucasian woman and I'm very attracted to Asian men. I feel like I have the same problem. I blame it on my height (5'9") but is that really it? I think it has more to do with confidence. Asian men need to have the confidence to approach a non-Asian woman. In turn, the non-Asian woman needs to have the confidence to try something that is not necessarily the "norm". I hope you find what you're looking for. Don't give up!

Asian girls avoid me like the plague. I tend to have this bad boy look that have them literally running away. I dated one asian woman, and i was her "type" so it worked. I think asian girls are one of the most beautiful women in the world.

One of my close friends is asian and he has noooooo problem getting women. He dates mostly latinas. He used to ask me for advice, and all of a sudden he blew up on his own with time. The dude is super confident, strong personality, and he would box you in the middle of the street if you dare challenge him.

I'm an English bloke of mixed race Asian background living in Australia, only 5ft 8 and all the women who have been interested in me since my arrival in the Lucky Country (with the exception of one Indian girl) have been white.

The benefits of an English accent! lol

In terms of what people are attracted to, it has a lot to do with upbringing and social circles. As an Asian woman ( who is mistaken for half-Japanese-half-white or Japanese, even though I am neither of the two ethnic backgrounds ), I get a lot of attention from Caucasian men. For one thing, they think I am exotic and yet get confused or interested when they hear me speak English ( bc I actually have an English accent bc I was brought up in Europe all my life and attended British schools ). But the strange thing is that I, too, am very attracted to them bc I grew up around Caucasian men, all my life. In every British school I attended in different countries, I was always the visible Asian. Since I was a little girl, I was used to seeing white blonde hair, light eyes ( growing up in Northern Europe ) in most boys and I developed crushes then which carried onto now, at the age of early 30s. Have I dated other nationalities? Of course, heaps, plenty of very " mixed ethnicities "....but for some reason, my eye tends to gravitate towards Caucasian men ( especially if you look like Michael Fassbender, Alexander Skarsgard, Jude Law, Ryan Gosling, Jonathan Rhys Meyers ).

But back to the point, have you thought about the reasons for your attraction to Caucasian women ?

Archived