Please I Need Your Help

Emily525

Me and my boyfriend had sex on saturday and the condom broke. I got so scared that I called Planned Parenthood right away but they were already closed. Then i tried the emergency number and they couldnt do that for me. So today I went there and got an ECP and now im freaking out. Im so scared. I cant be pregnant. That would ruin my life. Im 100% against abortion but I CANT have a baby at this age. Im just so scared and dont know what to do. I also have HORRIBLE anxiety so this really doesnt help much. I let my mom down enough lately. I cant do this again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're 16, and it's understandable that you are concerned you might be pregnant, but it's not a "fact" yet... but it is one of those "life lessons" and it's an emotionally vulnerable time in your life, and you are so young to be engaging in intamcy if you can live within the potential consequences... and for right now just try to "breathe" remember this "feeling" and know that even with "protection" there is always the possiblity of "pregnancy" and you can choose to learn from this "anxiety" about the kind of "responsbility" you have to your own body..and your life.. Intercourse is never worth risking consequences you do not want to live within... this is a valuable and important lesson, and you are probably not pregnant... what time of the month was it for you.. how close to your period were you?

Yes, breathe deeply and slowly to calm the anxiety.

Did your period end on the 22nd or begin?

Sounds to me like there could have been riskier times for this thing you fear to have occurred. But it is still possible.

The only thing to worry about now is getting through the worry. Try not to worry about something you don't and can't know (hard, I know). Let's deal with the worry right now. Let's also worry about how to prevent this worry from happening again until you are more ready to raise children.

Chances are you are not pregnant. Planned Parenthood can take care of you tomorrow.

Does anyone out there know how soon the rising HCG hormone levels can be tested?

It started on the 22nd. I already have had plans to back on BC today. But i dont want any pills being mixed up. I'm just really nervous. Im on the phone with my boyfriend right now and he's telling me to calm down. I just tend to think that the worst is about to happen. I really need to calm down!

Yes, chances are you are NOT pregnant... try to stay calm, learn from all this... and know that it's all going to be okay... and you can take a ept test from the drug store fairly soon..just make sure that whatever medical advice you get that you are also protecting your body and your health. It sounds like you weren't at a fertile time in your cycle right?

• Like 1

Try not to be so scared.. I know it's difficult, do you pray? Say a prayer and ask God to lift this anxiety from you and put it in God's hands for now.. and know that nothing happens in life that we can not handle with courage and honesty... you will be fine, no matter what, that's just a fact.

I've been praying all day. I just wish this was easier to deal with. And the wonderful thing is I take anxiety pills that I just finished today because I was freaking out about taking a cab for the first time. I get nausaus and freak. And I was home from school today with a HORRIBLE cold which doesnt help. I hate life right now

I know it is a scary thing. I'm a guy so I can not fully relate to what you may be experiencing. I am glad that you are talking to your boyfriend.

I became sexually active at your age and I don't think my and my girlfriend know all that you seem to. We had a scare, too. That's why she went on the pill.

I'm glad for you that you are concerned about this and acting as diligently as you are.

If I had to do it all over again, it would have been better to wait until we were older. Truth is, that would have likely have been impossible for us. So I can understand that.

• Like 1

Yes, you're having one of those horrible days.. but it will all pass... you're going to be okay, remember to give it to God, there is a higher power at play here, you can only be in "acceptance" that for right now you're going to be "upset and nervous" and that those "feelings of anxiety" are not going to ruin you.. it's just "fear", but it's going to be just fine... you're just going to feel anxiety about this way for a bit....but you can also say a prayer of gratitude for having learned something so valuable about the different type of consequences that come with "physical intamcy" both emotional and physical... Next time you want to be intimate with your boyfriend, do NOT have intercourse.. it's not the "responsible" thing to choose to do, because there is ALWAYS a risk of pregnancy.. even if you're on the pill.. so until you are older, more mature, and you are emotionally ready to have a child, do not engage in intercourse.. you're so young.. you have plenty of time to be in a loving relationship that does not have to have "intercourse" as part of the intamcy... right?

Respect your body, protect yourself, be wise, be self respecting, and learn from all this.. this "lesson" just might be a wondeful gift. Breathe, let go.. it's going to be okay....

Im going to try an go to bed now so I can attempt to clear my mind of everything. School tomorrow will suck pretty much. And just to clear up things im a junior in high school. But still I know thats young. Thank you all very much. I feel a little better about things now. Ill be on tomorrow. I hope you all will too. Thanks again

God bless

As long as you took the Plan B pill within 72 hours of the unprotected act it has a high efficacy rate- although the earlier after the act you take it the greater the chances of it working are.

Honey- just something to think about... if you aren't ready for the possible consequences that come along with sex, maybe you need to back off on having sex until you are ready. It's alot to go through at 16 and you shouldn't have to be worrying about this kind of stuff so young.

Be careful with that "plan b" pill, make sure your read/learn about it first before even considering it... okay? You don't want to do anything to put your precious health at risk...so 'be careful, read, learn, ask questions, before taking a "pill" if you don't know what the side effects can be, or the "long term" effects can be..this is a complicated and powerful drug.. so be careful about being tempted to just use it as a "fix" before learning about it...

and remember you may NOT be pregnant.. ask the planned parent hood to go over your menstral cycle with you to determine if you were even in a fertile ovulation point at the time of intercourse... breathe... Get some rest, you're going to be just fine...