Love yourself and everything else will follow...

_Tiki_

Regarding OP. It's certainly the starting point. Next add a "can do" positive attitude to liking yourself, and you're off to a great start because you have the foundation laid. There's other details to be considered, but I think these two are the basics to succeed at ANYTHING.

I like to think it is true. After a rather rough break up that is my main way of thinking about love/relationships. I am finding myself again and not looking for a relationship and kind of hope one desnt find me for a while as I am starting to enjoy all of my free time. I think it will happen when it happens and if it doesnt then thats ok with me too.

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you JoeWho. Feels great, doesn't it? Like discovering a new world or something...hey, it's me!

I don't think love needs to be searched for nor does it find you. Love doesn't have an active directing force of its own - it needs people to direct it.

Loving oneself puts the focus and control where it belongs: in your own heart.

What I'm finding is that when you love yourself, love is less obstructed, it flows freer through us, and we are also much more receptive when it comes our way.

It's cool, really.

Loving yourself is one of the hardest things to achieve, and once you have it, it is a truly grand accomplishment.

I think the reason that "all things seem to follow" has somewhat to do with psychology. As Carl Jung theorized -- we see our "shadows" in others. Our "shadow" contains the things about ourselves that we cannot admit to thinking or believing. You'll end up pointing these things out in others, when really you see them in yourself.

For instance, if you find yourself looking down at people who dress or act a certain way, it's probably because you're ashamed of how you dress or act.

Aside from that, just think about it. If you're always complaining about disliking yourself -- calling yourself "fat," "stupid," "ugly" -- what will your friends, family, and partners think? It may really upset them to hear you saying such things.

I see a major change in myself during those moments when I truly love who I am. Suddenly, everyone seems friendlier and happier. I think a lot of people doubt that self-love exists because they've never had a taste of it. Sometimes I still doubt it .. but some part of me encourages me to keep trying.

Ah, a fellow Jungian!

Brings a tear to my eye. (Well, I exaggerate slightly.)

Anyhow, I believe it's important to love and believe in yourself - after all, if you don't believe in you, how can anyone else?

But I think if you want something in life, you need to clearly define it and go out there and GET IT. "Seek and ye shall find, ask and ye shall receive, knock and it will be opened to you."

Very true.

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you JoeWho. Feels great, doesn't it? Like discovering a new world or something...hey, it's me!

I don't think love needs to be searched for nor does it find you. Love doesn't have an active directing force of its own - it needs people to direct it.

Loving oneself puts the focus and control where it belongs: in your own heart.

What I'm finding is that when you love yourself, love is less obstructed, it flows freer through us, and we are also much more receptive when it comes our way.

It's cool, really.

It sure does feel good to know that you can be perfectly happy without being in a relationship. I agree with you 100%.

I agree - believing in and loving yourself is very important and once you learn to do that, the way you see things changes and that probably causes all the good/positive things to follow.

I try to love myself but often I just don't know how to (if that makes any sense at all). And I have no idea why that is the case for me.