What cologone do you guys use that women like?

Ya, I like the smell of Old Spice too. Reminds me of my grandpa. However, since I equate that smell with grandpa, it seems so old school...

Young women today still like that? I guess grandma must have liked it fine.

Maybe some things are classics.

My deodorant says it's Irish Spring cent, but it smells similar to Old Spice. Similar but not quite the same.

I've never worn enough cologne for a woman to actually come up to me and compliment me. That could mean that I just stink, but I'm going to go with my original assumption that I just don't wear much.

My ex could be turned on at the drop of a hat if she got a whiff of my aftershave though. Very Sexy for men from Victoria's Secret. She had to already be hugging me to notice it, but once she did I had to pry her off of me with a crowbar.

Same here also, I always wear some kind of cologne and I never had any girls come up to me or compliment me.](*,)

My boyfriend always smells gorgeous, i love that he wears aftershave. He uses Hugo boss. I cant help but snuggle up to him to breathe his scent in, he smells so manly and sexy i love it

I also like brut aquatonic, but thats what my ex used to wear 10 years ago....i dont even think they make it anymore lol

I can't believe people are recommending Old Spice. lol I think it makes a guy smell like an old man. (Heh, what irony... I dress like an old man, while you guys smell like one! )

Anyhow, I used to wear some fairly cheap junk, and oddly, I got compliments on it. Yet a couple years ago, I chucked the crap out and opted for some nice, fragrant Versace. Women seem to really like the smell of it. I've had women go weak in the knees from its smell (literally). It works nicely, for what it is. Kind of expensive, but all the good colognes usually are.

And I only use a little dab on my wrists and neck. Don't need a lot; less is more, so they say.

Perfumes that I find good:

Some modern classics:

Armani Aqua di gio (fresh, simple, not irritating)

CK one (simple but attracts attention)

Others:

Nikos Sculpture for men (perfect in female and male edition, fresh, interesting with a touch of spices)

Versace Dreamer (sexy and sweet at the same time)

CK obsession (soooooo sexy)

i LOVE Georgio Armani Aqua Di Gio and Burberry for men.

omg, that's exactly what I would have suggested!

I got Georgio Armani Aqua Di Gio for my brother and he said he had all kinds of compliments from the ladies.

Burberry is especially good for more mature men. It tends to have a rough, woody smell to it that makes me... shall we say "frisky"?

If you want to go cheap, axe body spray is also hot.

I can't believe people are recommending Old Spice. lol I think it makes a guy smell like an old man. (Heh, what irony... I dress like an old man, while you guys smell like one! )

You cracked me up ^. Ya. I like Old Spice 'cause it reminds me of my grandpa and I loved him very much. I remember sitting on his lap when I was little and smelling a combination of Old Spice and Copenhagen chewing tobacco. Actually a rather nice combination of manly grandpa smells.

However, I don't necessarily want to smell like a grandpa myself.

I really doubt very many young guys wear Old Spice, though it does smell nice.

I also can scarcely believe one or more women listed Brut. That smells so "dad" to me. My dad had Brut after shave, and Aqua Velva too.

I just like the smell of lemon lime shaving cream personally.

So I'm an interesting collage of smells: Irish Spring soap, Irish Spring scented deodorant by Mennan, lemon-lime shaving cream, and flowery girly scented hair from my girly shampoo. My hats have the same girly flowery smell due to being washed in the same shampoo. So I guess I smell 2/3 man 1/3 woman, but all clean, and subtle.

The only comment I've ever received about my scent is when I get a hug from my platonic women friends (some like to hug, some don't), or my sister. They said I smelled good. They didn't elaborate. I actually kind of think they like the mix of 2/3 manly clean with 1/3 woman clean. When the scents are mixed together, it's not really possible to say that I smell like a man or woman. I just smell clean.

I don't like most colognes or perfumes because they tend to give me an asthma attack.

If I can smell a woman's perfume, or man's cologne from more than a foot away, then I'm going to stay a few feet away. If I can smell it from a few feet away, then I'm going to avoid them completely.

==============

I do like some perfumes in moderation (on a woman) because they don't cause me asthma and because they smell nice. I am especially fond of rose scented women who use that stuff in moderation.

==============

Back to men: There's something called pechuli (spelling?) that some men wear. I hate that stuff. It sets off my asthma. It stinks. Every guy I ever personally knew who wore it used way to much and visually appeared to never bathe or attend to hygiene. So I associate pechuli with unwashed men, and causing me asthma. Double yuck.

I completely agree with you, Charley. There are many people out there with allergies and it is inconsiderate to wear more than just a hint. I don't even wear any to work or if I'm going somewhere people will have to be sitting close to me for an extended period of time (the theatre, symphony, a conference, etc.)

Well, I normally don't use cologne. Since I work with food, it would be a waste of time. But I did purchase some Pherlure Pheromone Cologne about 5 months ago. I guess I was just curious. By no means does it even come close to doing what they claim it will do, it does smell like a mild cologne. Rather plesant too.

I use Calvin Klien's Obsession for men or Paul Sebastian's "Design" because they work w/ my natural scent.

The best way to get colognes that work for you is to go to a better/high end store and ask some girls in your age group how the tester sprays smell on you. Go lightly on forearm 1st, another on wrist and then another on the back of hand and let it set a min or two before they smell them on you. That's also a nice ice breaker w/ the girls.

Thank you.

I can help you in shopping too

This reminded me of something. Kevin, why limit your dating candidates by age? You've only got a narrow age group of women younger than you to choose from, if you want a younger one.

There's women older than you - say late 20s and 30s who'd love to teach you a few things. I'm sure that some of them would be awesome GFs for you. Much better than a girl younger than you.

Seriously. When I was 23 I was asked out by a 36 year old woman and we dated for a long time. Well a year seemed a long time back then. She was AWESOME and treated me far better than a younger woman likely would have. She also started helping me refine my look. That's where my fashion sense started right there. It was from her. I soon stopped wearing my trenchcoat (she hated it). I later threw it out.

Think about it. I realize you look young for your 24 year old age, but so did I. I was 23 and I looked 18. She didn't mind. If anything, that just turned her on extra.

Widen your options by forgetting about age.

Fun mutual shopping trips. My 36 year old GF did go shopping with me to help me choose clothes. A good time for all.

Later we went bikini shopping for her and she was asking my opinions. A really fun shopping trip, that one. That bikini shopping trip was two thumbs and a willie up.

Are there any good on-line sites to buy nice cologone? All we have in my little town is a Wal-mart. And while I like Axe and Tag, I would like some others scents as well......course we're close enough to pure redneck down here that "Doe in Heat" would probably bring 'em in!:silly: