women, what country are you from?

Caterina

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vegemite eating kangaroo riding combie driving beer chundering cultured?

Must be a Southern hemisphere thing.....

Yes.

And might I say that I find it refreshing when people speak our language - the word "chunder" brought a tear to my eye. You little ripper

• 4 months later...

I've posted before on this thread of my intent to try Vegemite, an Aussie staple product....this is an update.

I finally tried some new bread-spreads this week. I had difficulty finding Vegemite spread so I bought Marmite spread instead (which is simililar to the Assie Vegemite). It had a unique salty intense taste, which had an after-taste sticking to the back of my tongue.

I went to an Assie shop today and tried a Cheese-Mite roll, which contains Vegemite inside it, and it had a more diluted version of that taste in it.

Went home, ate the Cheese-Mite roll while watching "Land Down Under" from Men at Work on youtube -- excellent -- I feel like I visited an element of Australia.

It's in the back of my mind to visit this place - and take a jeep with supplies and just ride off into the Outback, and visit Melborne and Adelaide. Well, large place to explore.

I've lived in Northern New York.... The Adirondack Mountains Region... my whole life. I have traveled into a few states and people are very different in each and everyone of them. I have been to One town in Canada for a dental visit and I thought it was beautiful....although I can't stand the way the Canadians drive... I don't think they are bad people at all...some are nice depending where in Canada they are from. Same goes with New Yorkers and Americans. It really all depends where they are from. It really urks me that people always have a fowl taste in their mouths about Americans. I know everyone in my family and my boyfriends family are good Americans. We are happy, not loud, we're polite and have manners, very good to people and are willing to lend a head when it's needed... unlike alot of Americans we actually do give a S**T. One of my hubby and mines favorite show is Top Gear which is a UK show about amazing cars! They always talk about how much they hate Americans.... well if you go to Texas YOU can not base those friggin wacko super freaks to all of America!!! I guys other then the manners... the only think that really is different... is English people tend to be quite a bit less interested in their dental hygiene.

Michelle Tumes is a Christian artist I like listening to. She is from Adelaide Australia and I have her whole CD collection. She grew up in Australia, made it big with her music as it started to sell, and eventually moved to America and has a myspace page. Everytime I listen to her music makes me want to visit the rugged countryside of Australia.

It really urks me that people always have a fowl taste in their mouths about Americans.

I have to agree with that. Granted, there are a lot of self-important, apathetic, and sometimes downright ignorant Americans, but there are a lot of good Americans, too. I get sometimes frustrated with my fellow "Americans," but it seems I'm ever only frustrated with the really outspoken and dogmatic Americans, or those who have the negative characteristics I already mentioned. Most are still good.

But, I have an Aussie story to tell. My cousin moved to Australia and settled down with a Aussie. Well, things didn't work out, so they divorced (it was a very cordial divorce--they were still friends even after it), and she remarried another Aussie. Well, now her husband and her ex-husband have become drinking buds, built their own bar, and made her the "odd-man-out." So now she's finally divorced her second husband, and has finally left her two drinking ex's, who might I add are quite content as drinking buds, even without her. I just think that's comical... like something you'd see in a movie.

I've never been to Australia, but she visits every couple years and brings pictures... pictures of her two ex's drinking while she's out working, etc. lol