What are you grateful for?

I was driving to work this morning and it's a sunny day--we haven't had one of those in a while in my area. At first that, plus the Michael W. Smith CD I was listening to, made me really miss my grandma, who's been gone for almost 8 years. Then I thought, my life took a few BIG turning points just a month or so after she passed away, so maybe she is watching out for me. That made me smile. Then I decided to spend some time dwelling on things I'm grateful for, and I wanted to share them...and invite other ENA-ers to share some of theirs, too.

So here goes....some things I'm grateful for and/or enjoy.

My mom and dad and sister--they are all so unique and supportive.

My friends, including my significant other--they are spunky, and fun, and they challenge me.

Living in Chicago, a truly awesome city.

My job--I can honestly say I enjoy my work, and the people I work with.

My crazy kitties!!!! (I tried to post a picture but couldn't figure it out.)

Sunny days

Good food and wine

Reading a great book recommended by a friend

The Internet--honestly. It's the world at your fingertips, and I don't know what we all did without it.

My faith in God--it's carried me through a lot and I always come back to it.

A really good cup of coffee

Fuzzy, soft pajama pants

Finding a pair of dress pants or jeans that actually fits me

Hot chocolate and an electric blanket when snow is falling outside

Thunderstorms

My health

Bubble baths

Chocolate in almost any form

Spending time with children

My favorite movies--Somewhere in Time, Gone with the Wind and Love Actually

Cranking up any of Bob Seger or Bruce Springsteen's fast songs on the radio and rocking out

The scents of vanilla and lavender

Part of the reason I do these lists is to remind myself that while my friends, family and significant other are a big part of my life, and those relationships are important to me, I can also make *myself* happy, which is important to remember.

What about you? What are you grateful for? I'd love it if some of you would share.

Nature

Freedom

Love

My son

Our Health

A roof over my head

Food on our table

Vehicle (even though it's old & rusty, it does it's job)

Stable Job

A finacee who has patience & love for me at all times

Good parents

Kind boss

Supportive Friends

God who loves us unconditionally

Our kitty

Yes, especially when we run out of TP.

lmao. toilet paper was my first choice, but i was afraid it would sound cynical. it's not -- i really am grateful for toilet paper! i love paper towels, too. maybe i'm grateful for trees...and recycling, of course.

lmao. toilet paper was my first choice, but i was afraid it would sound cynical. it's not -- i really am grateful for toilet paper! i love paper towels, too. maybe i'm grateful for trees...and recycling, of course.

I, too, am grateful for TP...I can honestly say I don't know what I'd do without it. Go back to using pages of magazines like they did in the Old West outhouses, I guess....

My wonderful parents and siblings

My business, which is finally starting to go gangbusters after 7 years

My business partners

But I'm especially happy that I'm pretty much always happy, even when I shouldn't be. Yeah, it's probably a chemical imbalance. But man, talk about a good one.

But I'm especially happy that I'm pretty much always happy, even when I shouldn't be. Yeah, it's probably a chemical imbalance. But man, talk about a good one.

Hey, I have that one, too! I wake UP happy, and I have to work pretty hard to spoil it. It's a nice gift.

I'm not vegetarian anymore, but I'm grateful for tofu that's seasoned like meat. Weird, but a tasty and fast protein source. I'm also grateful for Greek yogurt, smoked almonds, really good cheese, chipotle peppers (really, all Mexican food products) and the combination of a little fruit juice and sparkling water. I'm also grateful for fast metabolism and 'thin person' genes, because I'm hungry *all the time*!

this is an awesome thread bud.

i have heaps of things to be grateful for...i see everyday as a new opportunity, and i am trully grateful for that.

i am not physically healthy, but i am grateful i can still do a lot of things that other people simply cannot.

having a high-speed intenet connection...yeah, i'm grateful for that as well...

and whoever created post-its is a genius!

every night, i list at least 3 things that made me happy. when you think about it, even some really small things can make someone happy.

every night, i list at least 3 things that made me happy. when you think about it, even some really small things can make someone happy.

That's a great idea....just thinking about three things every day that made you happy puts you in the mindset of thinking positively. I bet once you get started, you can usually think of a lot more than three, too....

ok ~ a real list. i'm grateful for:

living in a place where i can see the ocean AND the mountains each day.

having friends who are warm, loving, reliable, and fun to be with.

recently accomplishing a couple of big, long-term goals.

working in a challenging and exciting field.

sunshine & rain & the stuff in between.

having just enough disposable income to indulge in lots of books, music, and good food.

knowing that the future is wide open to exciting possibilities.

enjoying change.

my family, challenges and all.

soft sheets.

warm towels.

good coffee.

fluffy blonde dogs who smile a lot.

camp fires.

good audio gear.

doughnuts.

bacon.

cross-country skiing.

the color red.

believing that i can land on my feet no matter what happens to me.

waking up happy.