Realized What i wanted to do

This may not sound like something people would enjoy doing, some i came to realize what i want to do. I want to be some type of counsler for pregnant teens. I want to be someoen they can turn to when noone else cares. I want to help them. I want to give them a home temporily until they can help themselves. I like to help people, and I have come accross so many people telling me how they wish they had somewhere to go when they were pregnant and got kicked out. I dont even know where to begin to go about doing something like that. I dontknow how to find a job like that. Anyone have any ideas?

You'll have to finish school and go to University and do a degree in social welfare / social science. I don't think you'd get a job like that without qualifications, but i could be wrong.

Basically, for any job like that, that is professional, you will need some higher education.

This may not sound like something people would enjoy doing, some i came to realize what i want to do. I want to be some type of counsler for pregnant teens. I want to be someoen they can turn to when noone else cares. I want to help them. I want to give them a home temporily until they can help themselves. I like to help people, and I have come accross so many people telling me how they wish they had somewhere to go when they were pregnant and got kicked out. I dont even know where to begin to go about doing something like that. I dontknow how to find a job like that. Anyone have any ideas?

Get a degree in social work or psychology. Hopefully money is not too important to you because typically those types of jobs require long, stressful hours with low salaries.

Get a degree in social work or psychology. Hopefully money is not too important to you because typically those types of jobs require long, stressful hours with low salaries.

This it true... I have three friends who are social workers... and their salaries are nothing to write home to mum about... and a lot of the time its stressful, and they get slack from the people they are trying to care for..but if its what you want to do.. go for it! Don't be driven only by money... or YOU will end up in misery and need a counsellor

Yea i thought about the money factor. And right now money isnt an issue to us. I dont even need to get a job. But i want to help out girls who are in that situation. I talked to someone who works in similar situations, except the pregnancy part, and she had told me that you dont need to go to college for it, but they do have certain classes to take to learn how to deal with teens and what not. Im still into it, and I still want to do it. It maybe stressful, but i think i will volunteer somewhere first to get a feel for it.