7 Day Detox...

Hi all!!!

I am going to attempt a 7 day Detoxification....NO not a "fast" although the first two days you are only supposed to drink water, lemon water and herbal teas. NO food or anything caffeinated.

The next 5 days I can eat rice, or almost any veggies.....

This detox also includes Hydrotherapy. I will probably just do the "shower method"...which consists of using hot and cold water.....basically just warming the body up then making it cold. Weird I know...but I figure it's just for a week....so what the heck.

Oh and of course I will be taking all kinds of supplements as well....

This is supposed to get rid of the toxins in your body...

I was wondering if anyones tried this? If so what can I expect?

Thanks!!

Thanks guys....

RW: I bought a book a few months ago...The 7 Day Detox Miracle...and was curious to see if it would make a difference in my energy level if I "purified" my system. I would like to get away from caffeine too..and this seems like an ideal way to do it....though I WILL miss my diet coke and Latte's!!!

The book said to expect to feel fatigue, weakness, maybe headaches..but

that should subside after a few days...

i know many people who have been on detoxs and all highly recommend it.. There are so many out there to choose from.. I don't think it matters if you are 'healthy already'.. Lots of very healthy people do it. I hear you are supposed to feel bad for the first 3 or 4 days because you are releasing all your toxins from eh body.. its amazing how much crap gets stuck in our body because we aren't eating properly

Thanks RW....I wouldn;t call it "brave"....just wanna feel healthy. I am always trying new things. I think we get so accustomed to things we forget what life is like without them. I really don;t like being dependant on anything either....and I guess this is a test of my will to see if I can stick to it....

i'm in very good shape. 6'3 210lbs. i've never tried a detox process. i usually rely on what my body tells me. my cravings for example. i stay away from fast food, caffeine, and as much calories as i can. once your body has a good vascular cycle, you shouldn't need these detox programs. some people crash and burn their bodies so bad, that they end up seeking prefessional medical assistance. you can really hurt yourself. i've always learned that if you drink alcohol, party, etc., stick with cardio. sweat is one of the best medicines. also, massages and yoga. it may sound stupid, but yet, a lot of toxins come out of your body when getting a massage and while doing yoga. i drink on occasion, but i clear it all out after. i use milk thistle for my liver and stick with the cardio to sweat it all out. i feel great after. it also helps kill hangovers if you do this during the week before partying. as long as you keep your heart pumping good getting that blood to the rest of your body, with a few supplements here and there, you should be good. crash and burn programs are iffy.

........................................................................................................................................................................................