I made a mistake

redpoppy99

Come clean to her, she deserves the truth. It'll only hurt her as much as she lets it, and that's up to her to decide, not you. Keeping her from the truth is only being further selfish, on top of cheating on her like this.

By the way, it wasn't a mistake; it was a wrongful act of betrayal you willingly chose to do against her. A mistake is something you accidentally do; cheating is not an accident.

My SO and I are happy now. I am not going to ruin it by bringing up the past. Even though I never confirmed it, my SO does know about what happened- rumors spread fast. I don't think telling my SO now would solve anything- we've moved past it, gotten over it and we are back on track. I understand where you are coming from- however, this was a mistake. The definition of a mistake is: An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness. Yes, some mistakes are accidental but some aren't. Don't be so sure you know what was going through my head as I made this mistake...

It wasn't just a one time mistake....the kissing may have been a "one time mistake", but the lying to him wasn't.

How is he ever suppose to trust you again?

If you were so sorry, then why did you lie to him? He came to you looking for honesty, and you betrayed him again.

Cheating can be forgiven, but it's hard to trust a person how lies to you in your face, and leaves you feeling like an idiot for asking.

I sugguest you go to him and tell him the truth, tell him that you're sorry for betraying him not once, but many times.