forgetting gender roles to get this guy. suggestions?

when i started my new job in may, one of my coworkers kind of took me under his wing. he had a girlfriend at the time but that didn't stop me from falling for him. in october his girlfriend had broken up with him and we started to hang out shortly after. i'm 19, he's 22, so he's able to have the bar scene unlike me. but he would always ask me what i was doing ____ night because he was thinking of going up to my town. or whenever he went to a bar around my apartment he would call me for an invite over. just as friends though. by december some things had started to change, more touching while we passed eachother at work, him calling our friend only to ask if she's heard from me, calling me on new years upset that i was far away and saying, "i wish you were here.", and wanting me to meet his friends...i've learned a lot about him in his drunken states too. like how he doesn't think it should be the guy to ask girls out all the time. also, i posted once about one night we had with our friend, where he had kissed me but when i left to go get something for my friend he moved on to our friend. i've been frustrated and confused, but i'm getting over it and want to know if i should ask him out. i'm so shy but i don't want to let the opportunity to pass.

do you think he's interested? and if yes, is asking him out the thing to do? or should i wait for him. and how would i do it?! i would love a guys opinion. thanks! x

i'm not a guy, but this is my thought

i hate guys like this. I've so been friends with this guy... lol

This is dangerous territory, so a long serious talk about it is a BAD idea. Just sometime when your both SOBER, throw it out there..."so is this going to happen or what? Cause I'm interested in you...and i'd like to make something of this. But i'm not sure what you think." in other words, if he's not into a relationship, you can still be friends.

i posted once about one night we had with our friend, where he had kissed me but when i left to go get something for my friend he moved on to our friend

This is probably why I would be wary, to be honest - that's really hurtful. When was that?

However, ask him out if you want to find out for sure - at least you won't be in limbo any longer!

Good luck.